G4S

El Patrón

G4S seem to be employing a high volume of non-English speaking stewards these days. Myself and a few others tried to exit the game early today and the boy on the gate could not speak a word of the queens English. He refused to open the gate and from what I could understand from him, he was basically trying to hold us hostage inside the stadium by refusing to let us out. What is going on?

Got asked outside the stadium before the game to show my ticket, which has never happened before and I thought was pretty weird. 

Was it just me who thought there was a lot more of them there today?

There are currently ticket spot checks as the club have reason to believe that people who aren't concessions are buying concession tickets.

A pain in the ar$e yes but a few folk have been caught out. 

Anyone deliberately doing the club out of money is a **** considering what we've been through. As for the Stewards, they're only there to do their job under instruction. Not that I approve of how fans are treated as part of the modern game but that is another discussion. 

Got asked outside the stadium before the game to show my ticket, which has never happened before and I thought was pretty weird. 

Was it just me who thought there was a lot more of them there today?

I did too. They were from Burnley a company drafted in not G4S.

Why don't we just ask for ID at point of purchase? 

Generally people under 16 don't usually carry ID and typically people are going to the ticket kiosk and asking for 1 adult and 4/5 concessions not long before kick off and sometimes it isn't practical to ask "Who are the concessions for?" given the queues that build up.

Guest The Beer Baron

Unless you had to get somewhere urgent, why leave early? I hope not to just go to the pub, you can go to the pub whenever you want.

Archived