G4S

El Patrón

That is a bit concerning. Companies using reduced cost labour, I get the economics although often don't agree with it. Safety companies using staff who have poor comprehension of English is extremely dangerous. How do would these guys react if say someone collapsed and required medical attention or during an (unlikely) evacuation of the ground. anyone know if this has been reported to the club?

That is a bit concerning. Companies using reduced cost labour, I get the economics although often don't agree with it. Safety companies using staff who have poor comprehension of English is extremely dangerous. How do would these guys react if say someone collapsed and required medical attention or during an (unlikely) evacuation of the ground. anyone know if this has been reported to the club?

Eh? Anyone they employ for that role will be paid the same.

Stewards at football grounds are for the most part utterly pointless. They serve no purpose other than to tell folk to sit down and **** themselves when fans run to the front of the stand when a goal is scored (a practice I think is wank incidentally). I get the need for having a few around in the very unlikely event some sort of bother breaks out (although if it did what realistically could they do?) and to direct folk to seats, but that's about it. The ratio of them to fans at football is way out of whack when compared to something like a gig.

Also we don't know if the steward in the OP can't speak english; perhaps he was just being a dick and chose not to in order to be deliberately obtuse? After all, the role tends to attract fandans.

Archived