KGB is a troll

I'm going to state up front that there will be no trolling on this forum.  At least not from me.

As I've said before, my shenanigans on dot net were owed to the fact that the place is ridiculous, and has gone far beyond parody.  I don't believe it deserves to be taken in any way seriously, and for that reason I decided only to post in that manner.  Brian and his minions have never been part of the solution to dot net's problems - they themselves are in fact a very large part of those problems.  When you've got members of admin playing out their personal family grievances on unrelated threads, you know something is seriously wrong.

The formula was simple - be pessimistic about everything, play the "personal abuse" or "bullying" card whenever challenged and attach a quiet arrogance to each and every post I make.  But crucially - never be abusive myself.  The unwavering support of Thaipar was just a little something I decided to add in for my own amusement.

I didn't even remotely try to hide the fact that I was at it - my posts were painfully transparent and yet the same people kept taking the bait time after time after time.  I even blatantly broke character on a number of occasions, explicitly stating that the correct response was to ignore me completely.  This made absolutely no difference, which in itself is quite scary.

The lark was only ever meant to last until admin saw fit to ban me permanently - which, in the end they didn't even bother to do.  They just de-activated my user ID, so all of my posts are still visible but I am no longer able to sign in.  It's been pointed out to me that this is probably in breach of the data protection act, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to go down that road.

The payoff for me has been Brian's post this morning, where he proudly stated that I'd been "caught out as a troll" - as though this was some kind of revelation that previously had been kept secret.  Comedy gold from an absolute buffoon of a man.

I'm walking away from dot net with a smile on my face, and I'm looking forward to some worthwhile debate and banter on this forum going forward.

How's that going for you?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH, I hardly even look at dotnet now.  When we started this site, I was still a regular on dotnet.

My habits have changed now however, and I get all the info I need from here.  Don't miss the pathetic arguments and b**ching often seen on dotnet one bit.

@Captain Deadpool - judging by posts on other threads, you seem angry this morning? 

Not at all. I just have strong feelings about certain issues. Please don't tell me you're one of those internet bores who uses nonsense like "seething", "you seem upset", "at least you're taking it well" etc.

Nah, not really. 

Lol

@Captain Deadpool - judging by posts on other threads, you seem angry this morning? 

Not at all. I just have strong feelings about certain issues. Please don't tell me you're one of those internet bores who uses nonsense like "seething", "you seem upset", "at least you're taking it well" etc.

^^^ on the verge of tears!

A most predictable response

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to state up front that there will be no trolling on this forum.  At least not from me.

As I've said before, my shenanigans on dot net were owed to the fact that the place is ridiculous, and has gone far beyond parody.  I don't believe it deserves to be taken in any way seriously, and for that reason I decided only to post in that manner.  Brian and his minions have never been part of the solution to dot net's problems - they themselves are in fact a very large part of those problems.  When you've got members of admin playing out their personal family grievances on unrelated threads, you know something is seriously wrong.

The formula was simple - be pessimistic about everything, play the "personal abuse" or "bullying" card whenever challenged and attach a quiet arrogance to each and every post I make.  But crucially - never be abusive myself.  The unwavering support of Thaipar was just a little something I decided to add in for my own amusement.

I didn't even remotely try to hide the fact that I was at it - my posts were painfully transparent and yet the same people kept taking the bait time after time after time.  I even blatantly broke character on a number of occasions, explicitly stating that the correct response was to ignore me completely.  This made absolutely no difference, which in itself is quite scary.

The lark was only ever meant to last until admin saw fit to ban me permanently - which, in the end they didn't even bother to do.  They just de-activated my user ID, so all of my posts are still visible but I am no longer able to sign in.  It's been pointed out to me that this is probably in breach of the data protection act, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to go down that road.

The payoff for me has been Brian's post this morning, where he proudly stated that I'd been "caught out as a troll" - as though this was some kind of revelation that previously had been kept secret.  Comedy gold from an absolute buffoon of a man.

I'm walking away from dot net with a smile on my face, and I'm looking forward to some worthwhile debate and banter on this forum going forward.

Oh I have since been allowed back on to dot net, and the fun and games continue. But you already knew this, didn't you sir? :-)

Oh I have since been allowed back on to dot net, and the fun and games continue. But you already knew this, didn't you sir? :-)

That was the point.

Your patter is torture over there tae. 

Archived