Neil Lennon

JR Ewing

Can't see Lennon coming back to Glasgow in a hurry. He was always leaving after the bullets in the post carry on. He just waited a bit so that it didn't look like he was running scared of these idiots who sent it. There were also threats made to his family. Why would he want to go back?

He is one of them, he played up to it yeah but it's not like he wasn't singled out.

Christ he was subjected to death threats for playing for his country of birth.

He'd be better staying away from this country, he'd never be left alone.

Well it was his logic and it's worked okay for him.

I stood outside a pub in Port Rush, Northern Ireland, had a green jacket on, guy stops and asks me for a light, proceeds to question me. Took him about 30 seconds to get round to asking me what team I supported. I told him Burntisland Shipyards. Wasn't the only daft f*cker I met over there.

Well it was his logic and it's worked okay for him.

I stood outside a pub in Port Rush, Northern Ireland, had a green jacket on, guy stops and asks me for a light, proceeds to question me. Took him about 30 seconds to get round to asking me what team I supported. I told him Burntisland Shipyards. Wasn't the only daft f*cker I met over there.

Not only over there unfortunately. I used to work in Sports Connection in the town, Adidas did football boots and trainers with coloured flashes (proper black ones) and the number of times I got the response "he's no' gettin' THAT colour" from both sides of the OF divide. 

Archived