5 Games.............

SeaBass

He'll probably have to. I don't think you can play the way we do, ie with pace and energy, and not get injuries playing so many games in a short space of time, unless you tweak the team slightly. He kind of said as much in his interview saying that's why he took Dycie off last week. It was only a knock but it was a precaution with the games coming up in mind. 

We've got a small squad we can't afford too many injuries.

One of the issues for fans last year was too much tinkering?  I get that there needs to be a degree of tinkering, horses for courses and such, but if it works, why fix it?

...because some players will need more recovery time than others, and may be carrying slight strains etc after games that usually wear off with care over training during the week but not if you're at full pelt twice a week during games. All of that sort of stuff would be carefully monitored by AJ and his team going by what he's said about the importance of conditioning and Sports Science etc.

AJ spoke about the importance of sports science last night and how the players are fitter and stringer this season.

Key that players like Ryan Wallace are given time to recover properly to reduce the risk of old injuries flaring up again.

interesting to see if he plays on astro given the nature of his injury and he missed pre-season vs livi.

Rotation is essential to keep everyone fit and fresh for the whole season, especially as the pitches get heavier as the winter months approach (although there are a fair few astroturf pitches in our league). But that being said, I think AJ will look to only make a couple of measured changes here and there. The problem last season was the 7 or 8 changes one week from the next which created a lot of confusion.

Archived