Our fans and Faiss

Piracy

Totally agree SusieQ - wee Faissal could have appeared last night, picked up his many awards, said thanks very much I'll never forget what DAFC has done for me and left with cheers ringing in his ears!  But no, it seems as if he's skulked away without having the courtesy or manners to apologise in advance for his no show.  Happy enough to be photographed last week all suited and booted at the SPFL awards though! Very disappointing behaviour indeed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most bizarre thing about Faz and his leaving. Regarding the fan reaction, is that it was clear come January that he was on his way come what may. I just do not get how people are acting like a jilted lover. (in fairness not on here, but am not allowed elsewhere).

in fairness, I think most fans had accepted that he was going, and wished him well.

His behaviour since the Peterhead game has been unprofessional and disrespectful to the fans and the club who gave him the platform to showcase his talents however

His absence from the POTY will just have soured things further for those who had paid good money to go last night.

Guys like Ryan Wallace and Josh still showed last night.  Hopefully the fame doesn't go to Faiss' head and lead him to get any more rash decisions which he may later regret.

Many people consider the years before 2004 to be one of the greatest periods in recent times. For me it was one I enjoyed the least. I wasn't active online at the time, and it's easy to say now that decisions taken at the time were damaging. I can honestly say though that I had a serious issue with how the club was being run then and I done what i could to make my feelings known, although admittedly it was a fairly feeble attempt. We can never again make the same mistakes, and we can never again not do enough. The current board have my full confidence, even if it means operating within our means in Division 3. 

I'd like to think most right thinking Pars fans will be right behind the club if difficult decisions have to be made. 

He can do one, no one's bigger than the club. We've had good players before, we'll have good players again. He's not exactly unique, is he?

No, but the way some folk go on about him you'd think he is. He'll be a loss, but so were Andy Smith, Stevie Crawford, Craig Brewster, Andy Kirk and countless more. We'll move on and get someone else in.

it seems as if he's skulked away without having the courtesy or manners to apologise in advance for his no show.

Let's be fair here, you don't know that. 

Re the "potentially worth millions" thing, it's staggering that someone could think that was a decent justification for breaking all our spending principles. You just know though, that if he ever does end up selling for a large fee, that same person (whoever it is) will be giving it "told you so" and feeling all smug.

it seems as if he's skulked away without having the courtesy or manners to apologise in advance for his no show.

Let's be fair here, you don't know that. 

Re the "potentially worth millions" thing, it's staggering that someone could think that was a decent justification for breaking all our spending principles. You just know though, that if he ever does end up selling for a large fee, that same person (whoever it is) will be giving it "told you so" and feeling all smug.

To be fair tho - Jason is normally a more than able compare and would normally say something like "he sends his apologies" which he didn't.  Suggests that Faissal didn't have the decency to say beforehand he wouldn't be there.  He was more than able to go on holiday with the guys before going home tho of course!

He may not have chance to make a video saying thanks, but the least he could have done was send his apologies, or even better - turn up to collect the awards and then go home the next day.

Delusions of grandeur me thinks, and unfortunately he's left under a cloud for many people, myself included. 

Good luck to him but it's a real shame he chose to leave this way after such a fantastic season.

Here's how I feel about him now.

Frankly my dear I don't give a dam.

After reading Ross McArthur's statement today on COWS we see the bigger picture. He's now insignificant regarding where we go next.

Strikers are really only as good as the service they get.  

Then it becomes a numbers game.  The more chances they get and the more shots they take, the more likely to score.  

Watching back at some of the highlights packages, hes had plenty of chances snd thrown enough sh!t that eventually some had to stick.  He could, perhaps should have had twice the number of goals this season.

He was also lucky to be playing alongside Moffat who did alot of the hard graft to allow Fais to drift in and out of games. 

Archived