Different team?

Paradox

Is part of the reason for our struggles this season that AJ has made too many changes to the squad, and is changing the starting XI too often?

I don't buy the argument being made that our players aren't good enough.  Most of our squad have experience of playing in the Scottish Premiership (or Championship at worst in previous seasons).

If you look at our team for last season though, several of the core and key players have gone, along with much of our defensive and attacking strength.

We are clearly lacking leaders all over the pitch - maybe if McMillan can prove his fitness  he is worth a short term deal?

Promoted teams - in any league - often gain from the momentum of the previous season in the sense that the team is used to winning far more often than losing. This momentum sadly seems to have deserted the Pars and I think it is down to the changes in the squad, forced or otherwise. 

A flying start would have been a bonus, but some steady progress over the next 3/4s of the season will do.

We've got to stick with a settled formation and with the right players but this situation with injuries is knocking back a lot of that potential.

Confidence is everything as well, that is up to AJ and the players themselves. All we can continue to do is turn up in numbers and get behind the team.

I'm getting a bit frustrated myself but I start every game being positive thinking we're going to go out and shape a win.

Staying up is our only aim in my opinion.

Our league within a league is Dumbarton, Morton, Ayr and St Mirren and hoping we can pick away at the others if the opportunity arises.

We have good players and we really should be doing much better than we are, but I'm sure the guys know that themselves.

Archived