Supersonic

El Patrón

Watched the new documentary tonight, from the same people that made the Amy Winehouse one. I thought it was outstanding. Really makes you appreciate just how much they achieved and how fast they achieved it. There will never be there likes again, bands these days might make some decent tunes, but none will ever reach the heights that those lads did. Also, what happened to rock and roll stars? There's no controversy, chaos, drug taking, fighting, shagging etc going on these days. Everyone is just a bunch of media trained, bland, boring, beige *******s.

Oasis caught lightning in a bottle and what they did will never be repeated. I think they became a parody of themselves and them splitting up was a good thing  but those first two albums Definitely Maybe and Whats The Story Morning Glory were great. Truly great.

Noel and Liam were two unique and entertaining personalities and were never far from the headlines because of their charisma and fearlessness when it came to opinions on the world and other bands. Again, I think Liam has became a bit of a clown and a parody of himself, but he was a great character back in the day.

"There's no controversy, chaos, drug taking, fighting, shagging etc going on these days"

Believe me there is mate.....it's just that bands have got cleverer and better and covering it up and playing the media game ;) :) 

Oasis caught lightning in a bottle and what they did will never be repeated. I think they became a parody of themselves and them splitting up was a good thing  but those first two albums Definitely Maybe and Whats The Story Morning Glory were great. Truly great.

Personally I'd rate Be Here Now ahead of WTSMG, but I suspect not many would agree with me :-)

Personally I'd rate Be Here Now ahead of WTSMG, but I suspect not many would agree with me :-)

Youre right @SanguinePar

I don't agree with you.  :o:o

• 2 weeks later...

Youre right @SanguinePar

I don't agree with you.  :o:o

Turns out neither does Noel Gallagher! :-)

In that same article, they're right about Around the Sun by R.E.M. - I'm a massive fan of theirs, everything they've done pretty much, and I absolutely HATED that record. Couldn't listen to it again for about 6 months after the first time I put it on.

Funnily enough though, it has one of my favourite of their songs on it, Leaving New York, which I think is superb. I've grown to like some of the rest of the album (especially after seeing the songs on it played live - it was clearer what they were meant to be after that) but it'll never be a favourite!

Archived