Hippolyte

El Patrón

It's good that Hipposhoite has got a two match ban for his obvious cheating but I also think that for next season much longer bans need to be brought in to try and stamp out this sort of thing.

Im not sure a longer ban does stop this.  The result doesnt change and while a ban inconveniences the players club, with squad rotation (particularly in the top divisions), its not really that much of a difficulty to clubs.  

Perhaps the change needed is to reverse the result? Although that will depend on a panel deciding how much impact the chain of events has?  

No way this could or should be enforced. As I've been saying, the penalty didn't cause us to lose the game.

I realise it doesnt work.  Though its blatantly obvious a wee ban doesnt make any impact either.

Guest The Beer Baron

A removal of one testicle. If found cheating a 3rd time, off comes the boab. After that, well a wee fine would probably be sufficient.

''Not trying to be controversial. If they never got the penalty they might not have won. However if they never got the penalty they still might have won. No way of knowing either way.''

Now you're trying to be cute. There can be little doubt that the penalty award paved the way for a Falkirk victory - aided by the immediate substitution of our two most influential defenders. Had they missed the pen, you could argue that it had no bearing on the game.

''As I've been saying, the penalty didn't cause us to lose the game.''

Repeating a statement which is basically flawed does not make it true, no matter how many times you do it. Open your eyes min, you're in a minority of one on this one. 

So conceding a penalty meant;

- We would miss all our subsequent chances

- We would fail to create chances from which a goal would come

- We allowed a Falkirk player to stride forward unopposed to cross the ball

- Our defence would allow the Falkirk striker to get between them to score the winner

- Lewis Martin would make a stupid challenge to get himself sent off

There is literally no excuse for the players responding the way they did. It was massively unprofessional and could have resulted in at least 2 red cards for the treatment of the referee alone. 

When something like that happens the players have 2 choices, act like petulant children and lose the head or use the sense of injustice to create a siege mentality. They went for the former. Utterly stupid and childish. 

The penalty had several impacts, two of which you've covered Skipper, namely the equaliser and the indiscipline that came on the back of it. The biggest impact though was that Falkirk gained on confidence. In almost every game, a team that scores (especially when they've not been playing too well) gets a lift when they score, even more so away from home. You surely concede that they gained confidence from the goal and were therefore more likely to win the game than had they not been given the opportunity to score from the spot? 

The cheating ******* dived and won his team a penalty.

He deserves his punishment.

The outcome is what it is and has potentially cost us money. Such is life, not much we can do about it now.

I left early, not something I do often. I was going to the Lizzie POTY night anyway and I was intent on not suffering anymore of that Referee and them winning in such circumstances.

I spoke briefly to Murdoch later that night and he expressed his frustration at the decision.

However I'm now more interested in taking 6 points from the last 2 games.

Archived