Hippolyte

El Patrón

Nonsense. It didn't cause us the game. Our lack of discipline cost us that. As did allowing the Falkirk player the time to cross the ball unopposed, and Austin getting the better of two of our defenders to score the winner.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for losing that game. It's a complete abdication of responsibility to suggest otherwise.

The penalty decision lead to the lack of discipline, quite rightly everyone was seething. I get what you are saying, but I just feel the whole mentality of the team/fans etc changed from that point and it led to our downfall. If the penalty was not awarded we would not have lost the game IMO.

The penalty decision lead to the lack of discipline, quite rightly everyone was seething. I get what you are saying, but I just feel the whole mentality of the team/fans etc changed from that point and it led to our downfall. If the penalty was not awarded we would not have lost the game IMO.

Agreed. Impossible to know for sure, the penalty was a key turning point IMO.

Cheating b******

''Also the penalty DIDN'T cost us the game; it was the equaliser.''

I can't argue with that, but you're maybe just trying to be a bit controversial? I'm sure you wouldn't argue that goals change games and Falkirk's equaliser certainly changed the course of that game. Before the incident, we looked comfortable and Falkirk hadn't caused us any real problems.

It's not inconceivable that, without the award, they might never have equalised and therefore never scored a winner either.

''Also the penalty DIDN'T cost us the game; it was the equaliser.''

I can't argue with that, but you're maybe just trying to be a bit controversial? I'm sure you wouldn't argue that goals change games and Falkirk's equaliser certainly changed the course of that game. Before the incident, we looked comfortable and Falkirk hadn't caused us any real problems.

It's not inconceivable that, without the award, they might never have equalised and therefore never scored a winner either.

Not trying to be controversial. If they never got the penalty they might not have won. However if they never got the penalty they still might have won. No way of knowing either way.

It's good that Hipposhoite has got a two match ban for his obvious cheating but I also think that for next season much longer bans need to be brought in to try and stamp out this sort of thing.

Bans have been needed for this for ages. We'd suffer from them as well though, since we have our fair share of divers.

It's good that Hipposhoite has got a two match ban for his obvious cheating but I also think that for next season much longer bans need to be brought in to try and stamp out this sort of thing.

Im not sure a longer ban does stop this.  The result doesnt change and while a ban inconveniences the players club, with squad rotation (particularly in the top divisions), its not really that much of a difficulty to clubs.  

Perhaps the change needed is to reverse the result? Although that will depend on a panel deciding how much impact the chain of events has?  

Im not sure a longer ban does stop this.  The result doesnt change and while a ban inconveniences the players club, with squad rotation (particularly in the top divisions), its not really that much of a difficulty to clubs.  

Perhaps the change needed is to reverse the result? Although that will depend on a panel deciding how much impact the chain of events has?  

No way this could or should be enforced. As I've been saying, the penalty didn't cause us to lose the game.

It's obvious that a two match ban isn't a deterrent, the SFA need to consider adding a financial penalty on the club. As it's cheating then what about forfeiting 2% of the end of season prize fund (league position) for first offence then 5% if there's a second offence.

Archived