First unread post

I know you can access the first unread post by clicking the "unread" button next to a topic. However is there a setting anywhere to get this to happen even if you just click on the thread title? This would help when clicking the on the most recent posts at the top of the page where there isn't the option for the "unread" button. Another forum I frequent does this automatically everytime you click on a thread that you have previously read, it takes you straight to the first new post.

I'd respectfully disagree with this, because it would take away the choice of going straight to OP if preferred - as things are we can open either OP or the latest post.

Maybe it could be a site toggle though, with users setting their own preference?

Unfortunately there isn't a setting to do this.  The only way you can go to first unread post is by using the option mentioned.  You can also go to the last unread post by clicking on the time of the last post.

Magic - this is basically what I was looking for. I didn't know that we could do this. Perfect.

• 2 months later...

Archived