Winter is coming (dark and full of spoilers)

What's everyone's thoughts on last night's GOT?

It's clear east watch by the sea is going to be important at some point especially after the hound sees something similar to it in the flames.

Is the mountain with an arrowhead top actually the hounds brother rather than an actual mountain?

What is the gift Euron is going to get Cersai?

Will Bran head to winterfell?

Will Ayria kill Ed the Ned?

Where are the brotherhood heading (it's clear they are going north)?

Is Sansa playing the game and what is littlefinger hanging about for?

Is it a mistake forgiving the betraying families?

Who will take over the riverlands now the freys are gone (did ayria free her uncle Edmure or is the black fish still alive)?

Is Brans vision from the future after the walkers get past the wall.

Why didn't anyone send a force to dragonstone in all this time??

Lastly who will be the first major character to die in the season?

Guest The Beer Baron

Loved it, great first episode setting up the rest of the season nicely.

Agreed, will be interesting to see it visually as I don't think they've shown Eastwatch on screen yet. Bit worried for Tormund, he's apparently heading up that way.

I thought the mountain referred to his brother too, although he now looks like an uncircumsized penis.

My first thought is that Euron will somehow steal Tyrion, it's the one thing now driving Cersei's rage.

Not sure about Bran, he might stay at the Wall for now, in time to see it fall?

I think Nymeria will come along and munch on his ginger baws, along with the wee guy from This is England.

I think they're heading north yes. No idea where.  (kudos to the DD's for the gravedigger book theory nod)

Sansa should have kept her gorgeous trap shut when Jon was in front of everyone, she's definitely going to be one for watching this season and not just for her beauty. Littlefinger see's an opening for dividing Jon and Sansa I think, but I don't believe he'll be successful with it. He still commands one of the largest armies in Westeros and I believe he might still join with Cersei when it comes down to it.

Don't think it was a huge plot point, it was just to show how Jon wants to rule going forward.

The Blackfish died after the seige remember? At the moment, I don't think it'll become relevant but it would be good to see if Jon or Cersei try and put their own person in there. Edmere perhaps? (Catelyn's brother).

I've no idea but the giant walkers are bad ass!

I think Tormund or Theon might be the first for the chop. No idea how but I believe Cersei will somehow survive.

I'm also a bit stunned at how Jaime continues to be at her side despite blowing the sept up and driving their last remaining son to suicide.

I didn't particularly enjoy Sam's training montage...

and The Hound continues to be one of my favourite characters, hoping they don't change him too much despite the visions he's now seen.

I do think East Watch by the sea is going to be the site where the first battle with the white walkers will be instead of castle black after last nights episode. I also think all the Starks will meet up again soon at winterfell. What they do after they (except John who will be leading) meet together will be interesting. I think we are building up to a couple of battles in the south.Firstly a sea battle between the navies of Euron Greyjoy and Danerys and then a land battle between te Lannisters and the Tyrels/Dorne. Plot line wise I think the Lanisters will win.

For the blackfish im hoping since we didnt actually see him die he might have sneaked out somehow. Unlikely as it appears to be, it kinda made tat plot line of him taking back riverun in the last series as rather pointless.

I think littlefingers is a goner in this season

Guest The Beer Baron

Another great episode I thought. Spoilers ahoy.

You don't need a huge battle to make an episode, I really enjoyed watching Sam again at the Citadel, Dany's plan beginning and Greyworm giving it big licks to Missandei. Her and the younger Sand Snake are absolutely gorgoeus. However, one of the biggest and I think overlooked parts of this episode will be Theon's craven ways at the end. Where he ends up gods only know now, maybe to try convince the Dornish to back Dany if he's off the coast down there?

Euron was absolutly bad ass and I can't wait to see what he's got in store for Yara and Oberyn's lass, I forget her name.

The other thing that I keep thinking about is Jon and Davos heading to see Dany (YASSSS) but with the added spice of Mellisandre already being there and potentially f*cking everything up simply with her presence. There's so much to talk about in this episode again, much like last week.

Agree on the episode being good. I can't help but think that there's going to be a twist when the unsullied  get to casterley rock. If they were going to take it I think it would have been a surprise in the same way Robb breaking the siege at riverun and capturing JL. I'm not sure what maybe it's going to be an ambush and greyworm may have to escape across westeros as a foreigner or is maybe killed after what happened in the last episode. I do think he might end up betraying dany to save missendei

I can't imagine the dothraki will stay at dragonstone bored in an island.

The Sand snake will be killed by cersei in revenge for mycella probably by poison or torture infront of Ellaria Sand. 

Theon is a ****ing survivor he's gona end up ruling the iron islands not sure where he will go short term. Yara is surely screwed now I think she will be tortured and end up similar to theon was under ramsay.

Things are moving faster than previous episodes which is good. Probably to do with there being less.

Arya stark will be at winterfell but no bran in that episode. I'm not going to be happy if he has managed to travel to winterfell in super quick time while winter is here even though he can't walk and stannis had bother even with half the bad weather(although army tbf)

Guest The Beer Baron

I Read somewhere to expect a lot of "jet packing" this season which is annoying, but the writers are basically free lancing it with nothing to go on now except a rough ending.

Think Arya might not head to Winterfell to be honest, her meeting with Nymeria I think reminded her she's a lone wolf? Was hard to read.

Euron is going to pull some awful, awful **** this next episode I think, I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived