McIntyre sacked

ExxyJj

Heard they had a bigger budget outside the top teams like hearts, hibs and above.

Not sure if that's true or not.

From what I heard (admittedly from perhaps sanitised, club friendly sources), apart from the youth set ups, they operate as almost a club for players to rehabilitate their careers. Knowing that players may not want to commit to a long term move up North, they have property in the town that is used by the club. Obviously this involves an outlay, and is a necessity in attracting players. I was under the impression that they were run in a reasonably responsible way. It would be a pity if Macgregor was building up another Gretna, ready to crumble when the rich owner departs.

Harsh to sack McIntyre in my opinion.

Still say it's harsh. League Cup win would do for me. They may have signed a lot of players and have a big squad, but says in his article that Mac got his tactics spot on for the final as if it was some fluke. I think they're punching above their weight. It's not like they are top heavy with big names in the squad. Think it will come back to bite the owner and the over critical fans. 

Knowing that players may not want to commit to a long term move up North, they have property in the town that is used by the club. Obviously this involves an outlay, and is a necessity in attracting players.

I'd have thought this was fairly common.  I cant imagine Kilmarnock or Motherwell, or even Dundee and Perth, are particularly attractive destinations?  And these days, few sign for a club for the long-haul.  

Archived