Cannabis To Be Legalised

Vinnie

In Denmark for medicinal purposes. 

A 4-year trial period where effects will be monitored.  Surely this makes sense for the UK as well? - Although Id make the trial run for 10 years.  If a Political Party put this forward as major part of their next election campaign, it would be a massive vote winner.

A 4-year trial period where effects will be monitored.  Surely this makes sense for the UK as well? - Although Id make the trial run for 10 years.  If a Political Party put this forward as major part of their next election campaign, it would be a massive vote winner.

How did you come to the conclusion that it would be a massive vote winner, Vinnie? Genuine question.  I'm intrigued. See, I think it would be a vote loser. The vast majority of Brits do not experiment with illegal drugs. For this reason, I don't think our politicians will touch it with the proverbial barge pole. 

How did you come to the conclusion that it would be a massive vote winner, Vinnie? Genuine question.  I'm intrigued. See, I think it would be a vote loser. The vast majority of Brits do not experiment with illegal drugs. For this reason, I don't think our politicians will touch it with the proverbial barge pole. 

I think you would be surprised at the number of cannabis users @GG Riva. Whilst I cant point to any official figures, cannabis is currently illegal and its perhaps not the sort of thing folk shout from the rooftops.

I think there is a general awareness that cannabis hold some pain relieving qualities for MS sufferers, for example.

If it is suggested that cannabis provides pain relief for cancer sufferers, or even healing qualities, I think it deserves proper researching.  And given the rise in the number of cancer sufferers, I feel the public would get behind a proper research trial and support a parliament prepared to sanction such a medical trial.

I also believe that a research trial might highlight that cannabis is not the dangerous drug it is currently considered to be by politicians, and that there would likely be evidence enough to suggest decriminalising it, so those "criminal" cannabis users would doubtless support a political party showing willing give the subject a thorough consideration.

Your somewhat narrow minded approach to this subject surprises me GG... as a clearly educated man you must be aware that the laws governing the use of the hemp plant and it's derivatives are a direct result of Harry Anslinger's witch hunt during the 1930's? This humble weed has been utilised in many ways since time immemorial and, in my equally humble opinion, it's time to stop this relentless crusade against this "evil drug" , which has many scientifically proven benefits as mentioned above by Vincent...

In my opinion society should be far more concerned with the long term effects of pharmaceuticals which are shamelessly manipulated through the political system by big money companies, who then lobby and encourage allegedly morally sound physicians to prescribe them willy nilly to any poor ******* with the first hint of a headache, happily picking up their monthly cheque from Bayer while totally desecrating the Hippocratic oath that they studied so hard to be able to take...

This may sound somewhat simplistic, and I suppose it is, but I see very little harm in this "illegal drug" in comparison to the "legal drugs" (fags, booze, pharmaceuticals etc) which are constantly wreaking havoc upon today's society in front of our very eyes... with the greatest of respect sir, perhaps you should open your own "very eyes" a little wider and recognise that the benefits of cannabis far outweigh the problems that it allegedly causes...

And trust me man...I know...

Absolutely hate the smell of the stuff and not a fan of it at all. Also in my experience folk who use it tend to be dull as ****.

But yes, it should of course be legalised.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FxF4vE67g40

But nobodies asking you to skin up, and there are other ways to consume it otber than burn it and smoke it

I don't care. I've already said it should be legalised. Did you miss that part?

Absolutely hate the smell of the stuff and not a fan of it at all. Also in my experience folk who use it tend to be dull as ****.

But nobodies asking you to skin up, and there are other ways to consume it otber than burn it and smoke it

Apologies, I thought that was sarcasm based on hating the smell and users being dumbasses?

Apologies, I thought that was sarcasm based on hating the smell and users being dumbasses?

Nah, although I can see why you thought that as my post wasn't quite clear.

I do hate the smell, although never said the folk who use it are 'dumbasses', just that they tend to be boring

AWP, you do me a disservice. At no point did I offer an opinion on the use or legalisation of cannabis. All I said is that the politicians will never touch it, because their perception will be that most voters would be agin it and politicians don't go for vote losing strategies, trust me.

Vinnie suggests that there are far more users than I think. That may well be true, but I can't imagine there are more cannabis users than tobacco smokers or drinkers of alcohol,  which as you say cause far more harm than cannabis, but of course, they'll never be outlawed because, yes you've guessed it - it's a vote loser. 

I'm for it where there is a medical basis for treatment is thought to be beneficial. Not so sure about the open and free use of Cannabis though - It does have an impact on those individuals predisposed to developing mental heath problems. But the legalisation will do little to stem the supply.  

Archived