Queen's Park (A)

ExxyJj

Strange game - Queens Park had the better of the first half IMO and will feel the scoreline didn't really reflect the game. They hit the post and the bar. They were certainly the best team in the first half and we seemed to just think we needed to turn up to win. The second half was a lot better although they hit the bar when it was still 2-0 (I think) so it could have been very different. The subs - Wedderburn was injured so bringing on Splaine was fair enough for Martin for Shiels was bizarre; you'd have thought Paton or maybe even Aird would have been a more logical choice. Ryan came on and I think a few people were hoping he'd okay with Clark with an eye on Tuesday night but for me they're too similar so it made sense for Clark to come off. Hoping for Cove or Fortmartine or something in the next round...

Martin for Shiels was bizarre; you'd have thought Paton or maybe even Aird would have been a more logical choice. 

I thought Shiels was taken off to give him a breather before Tuesday's game - he looked to me as if he was needing it, gave up chasing a couple of times before the substitution.

Paton wasn't even on the bench, so the choice was actually Martin / M'Voto / Aird / Smith. Unless AJ was going to change the shape of the team, Martin was the obvious choice (plus it gave him some game time.)

Martin for Shiels was bizarre; you'd have thought Paton or maybe even Aird would have been a more logical choice. 

I thought Shiels was taken off to give him a breather before Tuesday's game - he looked to me as if he was needing it, gave up chasing a couple of times before the substitution.

Paton wasn't even on the bench, so the choice was actually Martin / M'Voto / Aird / Smith. Unless AJ was going to change the shape of the team, Martin was the obvious choice (plus it gave him some game time.)

Fair enough - I didn't see the team but was told Paton was there. I would have given Aird a wee run out before Tuesday and shifted Higginbotham in one (to be honest he was all over the place anyway and not necessarily in a good way) as we weren't needing a defensive midfielder in there (and Splaine could do that anyway as he did when replacing Wedderburn).

Archived