Be Our Guest

Launch of an interesting new scheme:

Be Our Guest

Dunfermline Athletic are pleased to launch Be Our Guest, giving fans the opportunity to purchase a season ticket and donate to a worthy cause.

As a community interest company, Dunfermline Athletic are mindful of those in our community who struggle to see the Pars play. At the same time, the Club is fortunate to have supporters around the world, who whilst unable to buy season tickets because of where they live, are none the less passionate in their support.

Dunfermline and West Fife have a number of organisations which are dedicated to helping others, of all ages. We would like to put Pars-minded people who would wish to purchase a season ticket (or an additional season ticket) together with community organisations who can sensibly use that ticket for the benefit of our fellow citizens. 

If any supporters, wherever they live, would like to purchase such a season ticket for somebody else, please get in touch with shop@dafc.co.uk under the heading 'Be our Guest', the club will then find a suitable organisation, and let you know which organisation you are benefiting in the cause of Dunfermline Athletic.

Superb initiative however asking someone to fork out for a season ticket is a fair expense. Now stay with me here, if you can afford it then great.

How about maybe considering also letting fans maybe paying for a ticket for a fellow fan for individual games. Not sure how that would work but I'd certainly buy a match ticket for fellow fans.

Yup -- I know the Club would be sympathetic to this . It's just the logistics and timing of how this might work. We've not got much slack in the back office -- so we might need a couple of volunteers to make anything work. Worth talking about.

This  was aimed really at folk who live abroad or perhaps in England. We have had half a dozen or more who regularly contribute season tickets. The Club now has contacts with a number of local organisations who would take a season ticket and make sure that it went to the right people -- and possibly not for a season but just game by game (that was the intention of one anyway) -- but the recipient organisation would deal with that side of it.

Crack on, great initiative. Lots to be proud of for sure.

I get the issues with the logistics. Just a thought. I managed to get a Hearts fan along to the United game, but I made sure he paid for his won ticket :-)

9 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

I'm sure anyone can order a ticket and leave it under someone else's name, no?

Sure they can. Maybe something this website can advertise, I mean regarding buying a match ticket for a fellow fan in need, or something like that.

Archived