JOB APPLICATIONS...ppppfffftttt!

VOX

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

My ex Mother In Law was at Asda for 25 years, starting on shelf stacking and eventually doing checkouts and other more customer servicey stuff, never really promoted as such either, though I imagine a checkout operator has more responsibility than a shelf stacker?  I know a few others that have been at Asda and the Tesco at Duloch since it opened.  Tesco recognise the unions as well (or at least they used to), which makes sacking someone almost impossible unless you catch them smuggling pallets of tellys out the workers entrance?

There must be something that makes it worthwhile, other than 10% off your shopping?

I had a nephew who started stacking shelves at Asda and was quickly moved on to doing customer service stuff. They also asked him if he was interested in manager training, but ended up going back to college.

it is the type of job I associate with students or as you have said, married older women, but I suppose it can actually act as a first step in another career for folk that left school with nothing. 

I am still not convinced of the need for a three stage interview though.

• 3 months later...
On 18/09/2018 at 09:14, The Bad Guy said:

I only had a 2 stage interview for Asda when I worked there.  Online then group thing then hired.  Although it was close to Christmas and I think they hired everyone 

I went through an Asda group interview too.

Tasked with building a bridge out of modelling balloons.  They kept banging on about how they wanted you to show how happy you were at work.

Never got past that stage, as I couldn't keep the false grin going.

Never see anyone smile when they're working at Asda.

Bullet dodged.

Archived