Guitar, Drum and Bass.

scottyboy

Did anyone watch this the other evening on the BBC? Really good episode with Tina  Weymouth. (Talking Head)

Liked the bit about the jazz bassist Herbie Flowers (great name btw) who played with everyone from David Essex to George Harrison. Enjoyed watching how he came up with the bass line for "Walk On The Wild Side."   He was paid the princely sum off £12 for the session (£120 in todays money) ,which must have been the daily rate back then. Bet that was a perfect day for Lou Reed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00023xl/guitar-drum-and-bass-series-1-2-on-bass-tina-weymouth

39 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Read a bit about the series - will definitely watch it at some point. Did you watch the drums one too? It sounds interesting ( to me at least).

I caught up with the drum one with Stewart Copland. Enjoyed that episode too. He came across as a natural presenter, using his humour to make it interesting to the viewer. 

19 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Watched the first half of the drums one last night. Looking forward to the rest of it and the other episodes. Had never even considered before how the drum kit was invented.

I knew bits. Amazing to think somebody came up with putting all the drums together to play a beat on their own, rather than having 4 people all playing the separate drums. Drums responsible for making us tap our feet tae the beat 😂 

2 hours ago, Al k said:

Just watched the first, really good. Quite natural presenting always loved him as a drummer even if the police were pash. Another gem a while back on BBC four was the sound of song. If you haven't watched that i would recommend it. 

Ha . Could you imagine Sting with his sense of humour presenting it? Cheers Al K. Not seen it, but will check it out.

Archived