Have you ever wanted the Pars to lose?

Paradox

Evertonians got their wish... 

I wouldnt wish for a Pars defeat.  Does predicting against the Pars in the Prediction League count?

I find it strange that Evertonians want their team to lose... the team is on a poor run, regardless of the opposition, surely they want a positive result to hopefully turn that tide.

I suspect Silva may be sacked before the week is out though.

Yes, friendly vs Forres Mechanics given the Pars were my second team in that match. It was a comfortable Pars win on the day - as expected. I have no idea how I would react if the Mechanics done an Auchinleck on the Pars - thankfully a very unlikely scenario. 

In the OP you are surely forgetting a certain game at Ibrox where obviously all of us "Hunfermline" fans were happy to lose. 

Guest The Beer Baron

I've bet against us a few times. When Partick hammered us when the cash flow problem became apparent, I had a hefty win with Thistle, and for a few games after. Still wanted us to win but it was pretty obvious we wouldn't.

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

I've bet against us a few times. When Partick hammered us when the cash flow problem became apparent, I had a hefty win with Thistle, and for a few games after. Still wanted us to win but it was pretty obvious we wouldn't.

I remember around that time on dot.net, there was an old guy getting wound up to the point of apoplexy about Pars fans betting against the team. It got to the stage that people were posting about their bets just to get a rise out of him. Were you involved?

Guest The Beer Baron

In all honesty I can't remember 100%, but I think I was still posting around that time... So I'll say yes. I stopped using it around a year later.

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

I remember around that time on dot.net, there was an old guy getting wound up to the point of apoplexy about Pars fans betting against the team. It got to the stage that people were posting about their bets just to get a rise out of him. Were you involved?

I definitely was involved but probably with a different username as got banned quite often back then. Was quite amusing

Made quite a bit out our misfortunes at the time betting Pars to get beat -1, -2 and -3 goals. For some reason during the period the bookies still had us favourites for most games due to our league position.

Archived