Police and football supporters

Teuchter

It is bad enough that the police undertook such a petty raid, but unbelievable that they brag about it on social media.

There is not enough booze to fuel a school disco let alone a rammy at a football match.

Thing that puzzles me most is that there surely must be half intelligent police officers shaking their heads at this. Why aren't they speaking out?

image.jpeg

Hardly a surprise, there's an idea that's been perpetuated about football fans (and working class people generally) I think since probably around the 80s (Thatchers war cabinet against football fans for example) that still exists in society. When I tried to discuss the implications of the OBAFA at times on he internet I got replies of " well you can't behave" " There's troubled every week". "They don't deserve the right to choose". Firstly when I gave stats (which I'm sure I got from here) these were ignored and secondly when I tried to explain what the law entailed it was a closed mind discussion. It felt like "football is bad so they deserve whatever they get" was the attitude.

Police do nothing to enhance their rep. ACAB 🙂

That aside this debate about drink on buses will go on forever. Part of an away day is the drink and craic on the bus there and back.

Going to Ayr on Saturday and we actively encourage drink on the bus. Mind you it's a mates minibus so we're not breaking any laws as it's not a private hire *cough*

Archived