What's changed?

Paradox

I think Man United was more about players having downed tools under Jose.  Ole's appointment saw an immediate return to the United of Fergie's time, in terms of culture and set up.

I thought Fulham was just another example of a board hitting the panic button.  The manager wasn't bad, and Ranieri was never the right fit imo.  If it was just about survival this season, an Allardyce-type would have done them until the end of the season.

The point i was making about the "new manager bounce" was that some teams enjoy an immediate upturn in fortunes when a new manager comes in, but it only lasts for a few games.

To me, it feels like our new management team have taken a few weeks to get the message across, but things now seem to be improving across the team.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Paradox said:

I think Man United was more about players having downed tools under Jose.  Ole's appointment saw an immediate return to the United of Fergie's time, in terms of culture and set up.

I thought Fulham was just another example of a board hitting the panic button.  The manager wasn't bad, and Ranieri was never the right fit imo.  If it was just about survival this season, an Allardyce-type would have done them until the end of the season.

The point i was making about the "new manager bounce" was that some teams enjoy an immediate upturn in fortunes when a new manager comes in, but it only lasts for a few games.

To me, it feels like our new management team have taken a few weeks to get the message across, but things now seem to be improving across the team.

The ''new manager bounce'' you describe may have much to do with some players realising they need to impress the new gaffer or they might be out of a job if their contract is up at the end of the season. This new found motivation tends to naturally tail off as they revert to their normal performances which may be good, bad or indifferent.

Archived