What's changed?

Paradox

On 25/02/2019 at 13:28, SanguinePar said:

Going by the Ayr highlights one big thing that's changed is our luck! How on earth we even got a point there I'll never know. Hope that continues.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Fair enough, as I say, only going by the highlights. It seemed like we had a lot of dangerous moments, but I wasn't there so will take your word for it.

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Actually, after that first half, I may revert to my previous statement! How have PT not scored yet?

8 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

This is a strange game.

What a result! 2 points off the playoffs, amazing.

Embarrassing. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amused reading all the keyboard experts (elsewhere on the interweb) who slated the board for lacking ambition and taking the cheap option by appointing SC.

They seemed to almost delight in every failure, yet now they are tipping us for a top 4 spot!

I have to admit that, had it been SC on his own, i would have been fairly underwhelmed.  However, the new setup and vision, when explained by the Chairman was actually quite exciting imo.

Getting the services of Callum Davidson might turn out to be the signing of the season, and the players recruited in January seem to have strengthened the side.

There seems to be more confidence in the team now.

Onwards and upwards!

Its often the case that teams see their fortunes change when a new manager is appointed, it doesnt always last.  As much as I welcome the change in fortunes, and hope luck continues to favour us, I think I will remain cautiously optimistic.   

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Its often the case that teams see their fortunes change when a new manager is appointed, it doesnt always last.  As much as I welcome the change in fortunes, and hope luck continues to favour us, I think I will remain cautiously optimistic.   

Correct 

Before a ball is kicked today, we are closer to 3rd than bottom points wise.

Just highlights what a difference a good run makes.

Hopefully the boys are growing in confidence, and will be better placed to deal with setbacks.

Important to take one game at a time though.  I had resigned myself to missing out on the play-offs a few weeks ago.

It would be great if the boys could put a run together like last season, so the season ends on some sort of high.

On 01/03/2019 at 09:02, Vinnie said:

Whilst i would agree with this, i think the "new manager bounce" that you refer to is often an immediate improvement, which then tails off.

I don't think that any of the teams in our league who have changed manager have seen this.

If you look at us - AJ was on an unbeaten run of something like 6 games when he eventually got his jotters.

It took us several games under SC to even muster a goal, including a humiliating defeat to the Wee Team in the Cup.

The signings made were ALL questioned by Pars fans, yet all have come good and made a major contribution since January.

It would appear that the work being done on the training ground is working.

We are now harder to beat, which is always a prerequisite in this league, but we are now managing to score goals, and have tightened things up at the back.

21 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Whilst i would agree with this, i think the "new manager bounce" that you refer to is often an immediate improvement, which then tails off.

I don't think that any of the teams in our league who have changed manager have seen this.

If you look at us - AJ was on an unbeaten run of something like 6 games when he eventually got his jotters.

It took us several games under SC to even muster a goal, including a humiliating defeat to the Wee Team in the Cup.

The signings made were ALL questioned by Pars fans, yet all have come good and made a major contribution since January.

It would appear that the work being done on the training ground is working.

We are now harder to beat, which is always a prerequisite in this league, but we are now managing to score goals, and have tightened things up at the back.

Isn't the  ''new manager bounce'' just another football myth? Our brains are programmed to remember things that happen rather than things which don't.  e.g. How often do we see a player scoring against his former club and think, ''I could have bet my house on that'' ?  Did any of you think that none of our ex players managed to score against us in this 4 game winning run?

Similarly, when a new managerial appointment coincides with a marked improvement in results (and performances), like Ole at Man U, we all sit up and take notice. Claudio Ranieri is a good, experienced manager. He didn't manage to ''bounce'' Fulham up the table and I'll bet his successor won't either......

ETA. It can't be denied though that the team have played with a dogged determination, that the manager has tweaked things at half time and made effective substitutions which have turned games in our favour. Is it not also true that you make your own luck?

Archived