What's changed?

Paradox

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There hasn't exactly been a barrowload of goals since then and even then, one goal was a keeper error and another a penalty. There maybe has been a change in luck in that sense, but obviously these goals would not have meant anything had it not been for the clean sheets. 

The use of substitutes earlier in the game is one other obvious difference.

It is a work in progress and despite it not being too pretty to watch, at least the points have started to come in for the new management team.

For me it was always going to take a while for the new management team to figure out the best way to get results with the utter, utter dross AJ had signed. Let's not downplay the mess AJ left behind. His signings were absolutely atrocious. I found it staggering we still had fans backing him until the end. That said, as our very own Dougie Dave points out often, the vast majority of football fans are idiots.

The remainder of this season will be us attempting to grind out results, it won't be pretty but we'll do enough. With an improving Falkirk side and a resurgent Thistle there is no doubt in my mind AJ would've had us relegated. Thank god our board acted when they did and didn't listen to the AJ fan club.

The stats on this website highlight where our troubles lie

Poorest goalscoring side in the league, yet despite a few hidings this season, we still have one of the best defences.

Also, we have only managed two consecutive league wins on two occasions this season.

The fact that the most recent instance is from games involving two of the top four, gives me hope.

We're grinding out the 1-0 wins without playing particularly attractive football, or even playing too well, so the conclusion has to be that Stevie Crawford is a disciple of George Graham and the Pars are the new Arsenal.

One nil, to the Parsenal, One nil to the Parsenal....................... 

23 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

That said, as our very own Dougie Dave points out often, the vast majority of football fans are idiots.

I believe  that you have misquoted @DougieDave

i think he normally says that the all (not the vast majority of) football fans are ****holes. 

I have never met him so it is possible  that might say idiots also I suppose.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:08, Paradox said:

Other than the management team i mean?

I don't make many games these days, but left the game at Starks Park wondering where our next goal was going to come from, far less a win.

So what are the noticeable differences in the past few weeks?

the main change is the formation and in Saturdays game changing the set-up during the game, which stopped Ayr just running through our midfield at will,  which is something AJ struggled to do.

19 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Going by the Ayr highlights one big thing that's changed is our luck! How on earth we even got a point there I'll never know. Hope that continues.

Ayr weren't great tbh and Scully only had one save to make of any note (although they perhaps could have had a penalty when the ball struck Craigan's elbow - it was tough for the referee to see and it may have been outside the box) whereas the Ayr keeper had to make two or three (including a point blank save from Connolly) and Anderson also had the ball in the net but it was deemed that the ball was out before Criagan crossed it in. A draw could possibly have been fair but we certainly didn't deserve to lose.

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ayr weren't great tbh and Scully only had one save to make of any note (although they perhaps could have had a penalty when the ball struck Craigan's elbow - it was tough for the referee to see and it may have been outside the box) whereas the Ayr keeper had to make two or three (including a point blank save from Connolly) and Anderson also had the ball in the net but it was deemed that the ball was out before Criagan crossed it in. A draw could possibly have been fair but we certainly didn't deserve to lose.

Fair enough, as I say, only going by the highlights. It seemed like we had a lot of dangerous moments, but I wasn't there so will take your word for it.

Archived