Vinnie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Two all English UEFA finals... 

English press will be hellish to read tomorrow

The club version of 1966 is upon us.

What does it mean in terms of Champions League places, if Arsenal win the Europa League?

Is English football the best in the world? It's debatable, but one thing is for sure, the game has real momentum down there just now.  The national team going really well, 4 teams in the European finals, and two magnificent teams battling it out on the last day for the league.

Would the fans of City rather be in Liverpool's position, with a shot at the big prize?  Would Liverpool choose winning the league over the UCL (if they had to)?

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Arsenal would qualify for the Chanpions League and England would have five teams in the group stages next year.

Arsenal might still finish fourth in the league? Although its a long shot... so what happens if Spurs win CL, and Arsenal win Europa League?  

Is it possible to have six Champions League places?  I can imagine that for UEFA, this scenario was never considered possible before? 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Is it possible to have six Champions League places?  I can imagine that for UEFA, this scenario was never considered possible before? 

It doesn’t go above 5. The extra place would go to Austria as the are the highest seeded country without something or an other. In some other scenario the 3rd placed French team would go straight into the group stage since they are the highest seed country who have not got a whatchoomacallit. 

I skim read something on it a few days ago.

Archived