v Ayr (away)

4 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I think it must have a lot to do with expectations. Home teams generally play on the front foot and try to win for their fans, who expect no less. Away from home, it is generally accepted that a draw is a good result, so teams are set up more defensively. Obviously there are exceptions such as Liverpool and Man City in England and Celtic and Rangers in Scotland.

I think that feeds into the fact that football has become business more than sport and is now a results driven industry.  How many times have we seen clubs go to Parkhead and Ibrox set up to defend for as long as possible to avoid defeat in the hope of stealing what may be deemed as a vital point for themselves?  Or is it down to the difference in preparation for away games and perhaps how its always a different routine compared to home games?  

14 hours ago, worldwiderab said:

Just seen the highlights and I think we should have had a penalty when their keeper gave one of our players a punch up the side of the head, ref looked as if he was looking straight at the incident, so do not know what he saw.

This is correct. It was an absolute stonewaller. Rarely see them given for some absurd reason. 

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Ref gave a corner, so he evidently felt the keeper got a touch.  If the keeper got a touch then its not a penalty.  Even getting the corner is a bit of a rarity in such scenarios,  

You're aware that's nonsense? If the keeper nails the player then gets a touch it's still a foul ffs. 

35 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

You're aware that's nonsense? If the keeper nails the player then gets a touch it's still a foul ffs. 

Im not convinced either way.  Camera is too far away to be too clear.  Was still screaming for a penalty at first viewing 

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

But you specifically said if the 'keeper gets a touch it's not a foul. Thats absolute bollocks. 

So, I missed one word, so for your benefit, and any other pedants out there..... 

Ref gave a corner, so he evidently felt the keeper got a touch (on the ball) first.  If the keeper got a touch on the ball before colliding with striker then its not a penalty. 

Archived