v Ayr (away)

Another tough fixture tonight but a decent chance for us to get closer to 4th. We have to perform better than we have in our last few away games but Ayr haven't been on a great run of form and we should look to get at them from the start pressing them high up the park.

Only changes I would make is to bring Scully back in goals if he is fit and maybe bring Turner in for Andy Ryan

Guest The Beer Baron

Does the location matter? Honest question because I feel that way too Digs. However, sometimes I'll have the per eption we're approaching things differently based on where we're playing. Its easy to distinguish at home but for example Alloa or Dundee Utd it can feel... Different... Maybe my point isn't so clear.

18 hours ago, Digs said:

We're good enough to beat them, we just can't seem to decide which version  of us turns up in away games. I don't get it, I've never seen what the difference is playing home or away, just go and do what you do at home!

It's not just us though, Digs, is It? Statistically, the ratio of home wins to away is 3:2, across all the leagues on both sides of the border.

I think it must have a lot to do with expectations. Home teams generally play on the front foot and try to win for their fans, who expect no less. Away from home, it is generally accepted that a draw is a good result, so teams are set up more defensively. Obviously there are exceptions such as Liverpool and Man City in England and Celtic and Rangers in Scotland.

Archived