Null and Void

Vinnie

Budge "ah'll syooo yoos in the court"

Lennon "gee's the title"

Meanwhile, Klopp:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/390397-jurgen-klopp-message-to-supporters

Scottish football really is a small minded hive of sheightbaggery at times.

At the moment, there is nothing wrong with keeping the option of finishing the season open. As the weeks pass, null and void will become the only option.

Going back to the OP, in spite of what should/shouldn't happen, there's no way clubs are going to declare the season ''null and void'', as this could leave them open to demands for refunds from fans, especially ST holders, however alien such a scenario may appear to most of us here.

I think the most likely scenario is that there will be no relegations and two teams will be promoted from the leagues - as they stand - to give us a 14 team top flight, next season, whenever that may start. A series of extra relegations the season after next will come in to revert to the present set up. Clubs will vote this in by a substantial majority, as only a few in the promotion play off places will feel penalised. The Premiership clubs will bleat about how a 14 club league is unworkable (translation - smaller slices of cake for everyone) but a way will be found and there's an outside chance they might even stick with it for longer than one season, especially if it means that clubs with larger supports can elbow their way into the top table.

Guest The Beer Baron

I think it's far too early to tell what the outcome will be. Aye, sport in the UK is basically shut but you haven't yet seen an almost complete shutdown of all non-essential services like here in Germany. If the UK is a few weeks behind everyone else, it'll cause even more uncertainty for football and the season. 

We have no idea how long this "shutdown" will last and if it prolongs, we're highly likely to see many clubs go to the wall before any reconstruction or renewing the season begins. 

I'm glad I don't have to make any decision on this, it's horrific. 

Archived