Danny Rose Interview

GG Riva

Thought about putting this on the football forum as it would get more views and he is a footballer, but that's probably irrelevant.

I found it disturbing but not at all surprising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53641559

Should he just shut up and keep taking the money?

Is he exaggerating the police response?

Are our English cousins more overtly racist than the Scots?

I believe what he's saying. It's a common situation for black people. YouTube has all the evidence you need. 

Also, I was just reading about UK sprinter Bianca Williams who made a complaint after being stopped by the Police. She was pretty disturbed by it all, and you can understand why. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-london-53307561

I'm not trying to deliberately be controversial, but the Brexit vote suggested that England has a higher proportion of the population who hold right wing, xenophobic views. One of the main planks used by Brexiteers like Johnson and Farage was "take back control" (of UK borders among other things.) It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that many in this same group will have a racist, we don't like bloody foreigners,* outlook. 

The police psyche seems to be that if a black man is driving a fancy car it's probably been stolen. They'll be able to justify that by pointing to the crime figures in which young black males are implicated, but of course there are many different reasons for that.

*Being born in the UK is of no consequence to these people if your skin isn't white.

20 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I'm not trying to deliberately be controversial, but the Brexit vote suggested that England has a higher proportion of the population who hold right wing, xenophobic views. One of the main planks used by Brexiteers like Johnson and Farage was "take back control" (of UK borders among other things.) It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that many in this same group will have a racist, we don't like bloody foreigners,* outlook. 

The police psyche seems to be that if a black man is driving a fancy car it's probably been stolen. They'll be able to justify that by pointing to the crime figures in which young black males are implicated, but of course there are many different reasons for that.

*Being born in the UK is of no consequence to these people if your skin isn't white.

Regarding black people or people of Afro-Carribean origin within the UK, many have been here for generations so not sure why they're still deemed to be foreigners by the uneducated. Lot of bulls*it and just pure ignorance and predijuce. 

The Police are there to serve us, the public and are meant to be without predijuce, which evidently they're not given the extensive evidence on offer. 

There are social problems in black communities as there are in any communities with large groups of social housing wracked with poverty and a lack of real opportunities to progress in life. 

We get the society we deserve. 

Worried G.G. with your obsession about race and its not your first effort on the subject 

Are you influenced by your recommend book ?

Your not trying to be controversial ? ....Have you been in a cupboard for 6 months ? 

Or don't you like Black People ?

39 minutes ago, 1950Par said:

Worried G.G. with your obsession about race and its not your first effort on the subject 

Your not trying to be controversial ? ....Have you been in a cupboard for 6 months ? 

I'm not sure how you could possibly come to that conclusion from anything GG Riva has said?

9 hours ago, 1950Par said:

I'm genuinely astounded by your post, 1950Par. You say it's down to individual interpretation. I'd love to hear the logic underlying your conclusion that I don't like black people. 

Am I obsessed with race because I posted on this topic more than once? No, but I am concerned as to why a number of prominent politicians stoked up the inherent xenophobia among a section of the electorate, by leading them to believe that a vote for Brexit would help to reduce the number of foreigners entering the UK. (A man I know told me he voted for Brexit because there are too many Muslims in this country. I asked him which part of Europe he thought they'd come from. That stumped him.) We're now inching towards a No Deal Brexit - something Parliament was dead set against a year ago. 21 Tory MPs voted with the opposition. Where are they now? No Deal will mean a shortage of food and medical supplies, dearer foreign travel with long queues, etc. Our political leaders are elected to act in the best interests of their citizens - this Government clearly  has its own agenda and it doesn't include the average citizen, but there will be some who will make a lot of money out of this. The pandemic is distracting everyone from the real issues, which will still be with us when Covid-19 has been vanquished. The national media has been preoccupied with the pandemic, so the Government has had a very easy ride concerning its lack of effort in the post Brexit arrangement negotiations.

Am I influenced by ''Bloody Foreigners'' by Robert Winder. Guilty as charged, m'lud. It's a wonderful, uplifting account of the history of immigration to Britain and d'you know what? It's very sympathetic towards immigrants, (like me) including those of non Caucasian origin.

Have I been in a cupboard for 6 months? I'm sorry, you've lost me there. Perhaps you can illuminate me?  

Archived