New Manager

worldwiderab

7 hours ago, scottyboy said:

The last time I witnessed a protest at/outside the ground was after our defeat at home to Cowdenbeath, managed by Jocky Scott. The fans anger was directed at the then board, presided over by Blair Morgan (if I remember correctly) It was more over the heart been ripped out of the club, by the same lot that gave us Iain Munro. Jocky Scott was part of our fall from the great community club, which had a massive support from only a couple of year's earlier. Btw, a lot never returned. 

That's a great point Scott.

What had been achieved at that time with 20 odd supporters buses and taking huge away crowds to games should really have been a great foundation to have built on. A lot never did return. 

10 hours ago, scottyboy said:

The last time I witnessed a protest at/outside the ground was after our defeat at home to Cowdenbeath, managed by Jocky Scott. The fans anger was directed at the then board, presided over by Blair Morgan (if I remember correctly) It was more over the heart been ripped out of the club, by the same lot that gave us Iain Munro. Jocky Scott was part of our fall from the great community club, which had a massive support from only a couple of year's earlier. Btw, a lot never returned. 

Wasn't there also one after the final day of the season after we lost to Morton,  the game only remembered for Lindsay Hamilton's brief run out as a linesman? 

Being a pedant I feel obliged to tell you that although Blair Morgan was on the board, the chairman then was Roy Woodrow. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gjs93 said:

"A walk out is just self entitled nonsense from wee fannies. Old Firm type patter that."

as described by a Stenhousemuir fan on pie and bovril, and its spot on. also calling it pretty embarrassing, its more than that.

Wisdom comes with age. Experience comes with age.

To be fair being young and passionate can lead to sometimes not making correct decisions.

Or maybe decisions that are more reactionary than decisions planned for maximum effectiveness. 

Devils advocate here by the way. 

For me I'm staying away from the game now. That's my way of dealing with it. Got better things to do rather than get embroiled in a pit of negativity. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Wisdom comes with age. Experience comes with age.

To be fair being young and passionate can lead to sometimes not making correct decisions.

Or maybe decisions that are more reactionary than decisions planned for maximum effectiveness. 

Devils advocate here by the way. 

For me I'm staying away from the game now. That's my way of dealing with it. Got better things to do rather than get embroiled in a pit of negativity. 

This, more to life than being angry.

A wee bit of something being called mass when its likely to be a handful and so called facts from a friend of a friend that heard down the pub. We all know its not right and we ain't happy but some individuals are bordering on the hysterical and need to get a grip before they have a medical incident 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Still no announcement from the club,so looks like he will be in charge for the game on Saturday. The board are just delaying the inevitable.

I am not in favour of the walk out and think it's stupid bringing norrie into it. They would be better boycotting and taking the matchday income away from the board. They will notice the empty red seats. 

17 hours ago, Piracy said:

Oki doki 

Interesting times ahead. 

I've been thinking about this a bit more since I've seen it getting shared around. I even got asked about it by a jambo on a group chat I'm on so it's obviously doing the rounds. 

I don't have an issue with folk voicing their displeasure, but as I said above this is not the way for me. The thing that's annoying me more than anything about this is the presumption by whomever organised this that Norrie McCathie would be in agreement with it, and worse, using the reference to his famous number as some sort of backbone to the whole thing. It absolutely stinks, and I can only hope this was done by someone too young to actually remember Norrie and know what he was all about. His quote that famously hangs in the tunnel applies to us here:

"If you don't want to play for the jersey, stay in the dressing room"

Do I mean we should all blindly applaud? No. I'm saying to help turn things round or achieve change make your voice heard, respectfully, or risk deservedly getting it straight back from whichever player you are directing your hysterics at. I'm saying make your voice heard at games in regards to what is going on, at the time. I'm saying support the players that are putting a shift in, but struggling for confidence. I'm saying have a go at Grant for his consistent refusal to change a system that doesn't work, or for playing our best player last year out of position, and the other one on the bench week in, week out. That's what a supporter does. Supporters do not walk out.

This course of action is not one that merits using Norrie's name to justify it, so if the person responsible for this reads this, get his name and any mention of him away from this pish because you clearly have no idea of what the man was all about.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Superally said:

A wee bit of something being called mass when its likely to be a handful and so called facts from a friend of a friend that heard down the pub. We all know its not right and we ain't happy but some individuals are bordering on the hysterical and need to get a grip before they have a medical incident 

some are but most have pushed through that border

i gave it till today as the last day i thought they would change it by, so hes here for the weekend it looks like. struggling to actually put into words what i think of that now.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I actually think the walk out is a great idea. The meek acceptance that we can’t make a difference is cowardly and our club would’ve died if we’d all acted like this during the admin days. We really are by and large a collection of absolute cowards, with a few notable exceptions. 

Paying your money then leaving is pointless. 

Surely not going at all and/or making a racket outside focusses the collective minds of the board a lot more?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Digs said:

Paying your money then leaving is pointless. 

Surely not going at all and/or making a racket outside focusses the collective minds of the board a lot more?

Well it isn’t if you believe it’s not quite reached the point where the club needs to be financially hurt. The reaction to these kids actually willing to do something is a bit too elitist for me.

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Well it isn’t if you believe it’s not quite reached the point where the club needs to be financially hurt. The reaction to these kids actually willing to do something is a bit too elitist for me.

Playing devils advocate, does that not say that it's just an over-reaction then? If it's not serious enough to tell the board enough is enough and you won't be getting my money until you act, then is it not just a hissy fit to get your own way? 

As I said, I don't have a problem with folk not being happy, I'm not happy. I'm annoyed about the use of Norrie's name more than anything. If folk spend their money and walk out, it's their prerogative, I just don't see what it would achieve tbh as the only one losing out is the fans walking out.

• Upvote 3