Pars v Hamilton

Superally

Didn't think we played badly but there wasn't much of a spark either. The first half we were the better team, the 2nd just went flat for both sides that seemed not to want to take risks and played it safe. I don't think we created enough from middle to front, Dow was poor and Kennedy needs to look up more and not just run into one player after the next. Wighton had a great chance in the first but in truth I don't think there was great service to either of the strikers. However I was scratching my head at the substitutions - but I think Toderov had a knock. Defensively I was happy with the clean sheet - but OFW drives me to the point of despair when he punches the ball when its easier to catch. Overall the opportunity was lost today, I cant say I was as happy with that point as I was last week and the chance to make progress has flatlined. Two big games coming up at the San Starko and at Palmerston. I think PG must look to take at least 4pts from the next two or his career pathway may develop new options. 

• Upvote 2

Not a single shot on target ( we did hit post) the whole game, apart from punching a few corners their keeper was redundant.  Accies had more possession but didnt do much with it. 

Edwards and OFW had decent games for us but on the whole the overall team performance was unacceptable and Grant has to take the can for that.

a small part but taking Dow off would have meant no out ball at all in the air, Kennedy was quiet so can understand it....although the impact Thomas had, would have been better leaving Kennedy on. too many wrong options from the front players but sometimes you need a break of the ball too but we cant even get that.

repeating myself i know but even 6pts changes nothing, the next defeat and its back to square one. i cant see them changing it before Wednesday but i still dont see the answer to the question, whos next? 

ps why is the chief scout sitting in the technical area during the game??

Didnae make the match today. Last minute change of plan. Was really hoping we'd bounce on after last week. Hoping we can raise a performance through the week against Kirkcaldy Rovers. Best bet would be to watch it from behind the couch. If a heavy defeat is in the post, then it looks like PG will be strapped into the   🪑 

Getting very fed up of the weasel words of Grunt that are all promise and no action. I think he would be better as a second hand car salesman than a manager of a football team.

Yes I know I am an old git that as a young boy stood on the steps of EEP and watched the elite of Europe being torn apart by the Pars and I know that those times may never return but all I want is a team that I can at least get into the upper tier of Scottish football, is that to much to ask?  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, worldwiderab said:

Getting very fed up of the weasel words of Grunt that are all promise and no action. I think he would be better as a second hand car salesman than a manager of a football team.

Yes I know I am an old git that as a young boy stood on the steps of EEP and watched the elite of Europe being torn apart by the Pars and I know that those times may never return but all I want is a team that I can at least get into the upper tier of Scottish football, is that to much to ask?  

which has happened twice in 20 years, first time through league expansion and second time, how can i put it....with "creative accounting". 

the owners have said a few times something like they cant guarantee promotion but they can try their best in different areas to improve the chances of it, sacking Grant in most people's eyes is the start of that but people need to start thinking medium/long term in general not right this second cause nothing will work if they dont.

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I don’t expect promotion what I do expect is a competitive side given we certainly have one of the largest playing budgets in the league 

Agree. We should be able to compete with Arbroath, at least. I would imagine it must be difficult to become a full time professional football player.  I  can't fathom how team and manager cannot get  fired up and enjoying what made them want to play fitbaw in the first place. It's got to be better than a 9 till 5.

4 hours ago, gjs93 said:

the owners have said a few times something like they cant guarantee promotion but they can try their best in different areas to improve the chances of it, sacking Grant in most people's eyes is the start of that but people need to start thinking medium/long term in general not right this second cause nothing will work if they dont.

If the board keep Peter Grant on it will effect us badly in the long term and will put us back into the third tier. 

• Upvote 1

Like Superally, I didn't think we played all that badly. I thought Edwards was good, OFW had a good game, and Dorrans showed what he can do as well and is improving every week with the fitness coming on. 

However, we looked utterly toothless. Not enough players willing to take a bit of responsibility and make things happen, and terrified to be the guy that makes a mistake, that to me is the clear problem. We are a team low on confidence and something has to be done to change that. I'm not sure Grant is the man to be able to do that, but in all fairness, it is the hardest thing to do in football. 

• Upvote 1

Despite having Kennedy on and then Thomas we had absolutely no width.  We had no creativity, players werent thinking a pass ahead, how often did we string three passes to-gether -rarely. Players werent making themselves available for a pass, we didnt commit players into attack.

I agree that defensively we were better , I would have had Edwards as my MoM ,I thought he was excellent particularly in the first half,closely followed by OFW. However too many were annonymous, Dow /Todorov/Wighton for instance. The forwards didnt gel at all. But the creative spark or the incissive pass has got to come from midfield/wide areas. 

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Despite having Kennedy on and then Thomas we had absolutely no width.  We had no creativity, players werent thinking a pass ahead, how often did we string three passes to-gether -rarely. Players werent making themselves available for a pass, we didnt commit players into attack.

I agree that defensively we were better , I would have had Edwards as my MoM ,I thought he was excellent particularly in the first half,closely followed by OFW. However too many were annonymous, Dow /Todorov/Wighton for instance. The forwards didnt gel at all. But the creative spark or the incissive pass has got to come from midfield/wide areas. 

That's what I'm saying, all of the things you mention there are down to confidence. A confident team has 3 or 4 players looking for the ball. We were lucky if we had one, and it was backwards or sideways. As I said, no-one willing to put their head above the parapet other than Kennedy but then he had no out ball so ended up running up blind alleys.

To be fair to both Todorov and Wighton, the only service they got all day was to their head or in the channels. Not much they can do with that. Wighton was unlucky with his effort that hit the post, aside from that, they didn't get any other chances. 

• Upvote 2