Naming the new Training Academy

Piracy

Should the new training academy be named after Ross McArthur?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should the new training academy be named after Ross McArthur?

Thought I'd start a thread suggesting the club consider naming the new training academy after Ross McArthur after it being discussed as subject matter on here.

I'd personally like to see a campaign for this to be genuinely considered. I can't think of one reason for this not to be considered as a real initiative. 

Can promote the idea through the forum website and Facebook page if the forum members think it's worthwhile. 

Thoughts please (good, bad, indifferent). 

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Thought I'd start a thread suggesting the club consider naming the new training academy after Ross McArthur after it being discussed as subject matter on here.

I'd personally like to see a campaign for this to be genuinely considered. I can't think of one reason for this not to be considered as a real initiative. 

Can promote the idea through the forum website and Facebook page if the forum members think it's worthwhile. 

Thoughts please (good, bad, indifferent). 

Excellent suggestion. It shouldn't need a campaign, imo, but won't do any harm to start one. 

Would you like me to open a thread on daft net, Piracy?

• Upvote 1

I've made a few calls. Don't think this will fly because they want to potentially sell the naming rights of the new training ground: they think there is a reasonable sum to be gained for the Club.

The other stumbling block is Ross' understated nature -- probably just not him. I very much agree with the views expressed above, by the way -- i think he has been an outstanding leader for the Club over the past 10 years.

Think we should focus on something a bit more modest, which will make him less embarrassed. He does seem quite keen on the NW stand btw. 

Edited by The Roy Barry Fan Club
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I've made a few calls. Don't think this will fly because they want to potentially sell the naming rights of the new training ground: they think there is a reasonable sum to be gained for the Club.

The other stumbling block is Ross' understated nature -- probably just not him. I very much agree with the views expressed above, by the way -- i think he has been an outstanding leader for the Club over the past 10 years.

Think we should focus on something a bit more modest, which will make him less embarrassed. He does seem quite keen on the NW stand btw. 

If the training ground is a non starter, I'd be delighted with the NW. It's probably much more visible to many Pars fans who attend home games but may be much less likely to pitch up at the training academy. A recognition Ross would richly deserve and does away with all the McArthur Park jokes.