Favourite Obscure Telly Programme?

harropar

I've got a few, but I'm loving "Detectorists" (Thursdays BBC4). It's not a laugh out loud comedy, it's slow moving and subtle. A great cast including McKenzie Crook, Rachael Stirling, Toby Jones and others.

A simple premise about a small village metal detectorists club, well worth a watch.

Don't know if you'd really call it obscure but the Reggie Yates documentaries on BBC3 have been quite interesting, impressive that he had the balls to go to Russia and talk to an openly racist organisation.

Rent a Cop about the guy who runs his own security firm in Darlington has been quite good as well imo mostly because the guy's off his head.

• 1 month later...

Never normally keen on subtitles as it takes the attention away from the actors,but enjoying watching Deutschland 83 set in cold war East and West Germany 

Also Travel Man 48 hours in,,,,,,,,, Basically travels to a European city on a budget ie. £500 and crams in as much in the 2 days they are there. Takes a different person each episode. Think Johnny Vegas is the next one to be the travel companion. 

mn2rxa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always very much enjoyed "Early Doors." I'm not sure if it could be classed as obscure, but I don't remember it getting anywhere near the publicity of something like "The Royale Family" 

Good shout. James McAvoy was in the first series.

Going back to the 70s, I Didn't Know You Cared. Very droll comedy starring a young Stephen Rea. Similar humour to Early Doors.

Archived