McPake to be appointed [Courier report - NOW CONFIRMED ON COWS]

SanguinePar

2 minutes ago, DeclanG said:

For this level, he's a pretty good appointment. Reminds me a bit of AJ's appointment in terms of he has a level that he can manage to and will do a great job in League One at the very least.

Absolutely no similarities to AJ. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

I swear people don't actually watch football, or have any memory, just look at a league table and go no further. It's certainly how our board seem to operate. 

Imagine having a different opinion from yours.........

I deal with clients every day who are good at saying who they don't want. Tell us who you want that would 100% guarantee success or just GTF. Honestly.

10 minutes ago, DeclanG said:

Did well at lower levels, had nothing when it got to the Premiership and lost their job.

*sigh*

AJ had managed and done exceptionally well in league one, his QoTS side broke all kinds of records for points, goals, they also won the challenge Cup against a Partick side taking it seriously, who would win the championship that year. As well as that his QoTS side were genuinely good to watch, scored plenty goals and looked well managed. He then got his move to Killie where he didn't do well, but also didn't do badly, when he left they weren't getting relegated etc.

McPake had a Dundee side with a massive budget, where he bought loads of players but couldn't find a way to fit them all in, scraped second place in a shortened season before leaving them in a **** state in the prem. The amount of cash he spunked in the Championship should've seen them challenging for the title, they never got close. 

They are not the same, there are very few if any similarities between them, whether that be achievements, style of play, absolutely nothing. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Imagine having a different opinion from yours.........

I deal with clients every day who are good at saying who they don't want. Tell us who you want that would 100% guarantee success or just GTF. Honestly.

People's "opinions" on his Dundee spell are just pure fiction and at odds with anyone who can remember, or pays attention to Scottish football. 

I've replied to you twice with a list of managers, try reading. 

4 minutes ago, Grant said:

People's "opinions" on his Dundee spell are just pure fiction and at odds with anyone who can remember, or pays attention to Scottish football. 

I've replied to you twice with a list of managers, try reading. 

I did.

Three of them you admitted were unlikely & one of those was Jack Ross, another you told us was done with football. Try living on planet earth. 

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

My mate got told by a club representative on Saturday who was getting the job and we managed to back McPake at 2/1 yesterday.

Was telt by someone last week but didn't take notice of it. Then a friend was told by a club rep also on sat(probz the same person). 2/1 was also the price I seen at mcbookie when the market opened on Monday morning 

Last time we got out of league 1 we appointed a manager who knew the league pretty well and had skooshed it previously. McPake doesn't know the league very well which isn't a good start. I'm hoping that with a completely new board and management team the place is freshened up a bit with some new energy snd positivity and we get the recruitment right.  

I wasn't happy with the appointment of Grant or Hughes but when appointed I was willing to give them a chance..same with McPake.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Grant said:

So you read half of it then? 

"Which leave two condiates who I think are viable, Thompson and Murray, both have there plus and negative points." 

"Kettlewell was in the reckoning before, wouldn`t be shocked if he threw his hat back in the ring." 

Hardly glowing recommendations

Maybe stick your neck on the line & say who you think would be guaranteed to be a good appointment rather than just either slagging folk off for having an alternative opinion or just dismissing everyone as "wild"

16 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

"Which leave two condiates who I think are viable, Thompson and Murray, both have there plus and negative points." 

"Kettlewell was in the reckoning before, wouldn`t be shocked if he threw his hat back in the ring." 

Hardly glowing recommendations

Maybe stick your neck on the line & say who you think would be guaranteed to be a good appointment rather than just either slagging folk off for having an alternative opinion or just dismissing everyone as "wild"

Been good fun to watch the pair of you have the same argument over three different forums.

• Upvote 4