Cup game this Saturday

scottyboy

Looking forward this game against Ross County. 

I think we have a 50/50 chance of progressing. Got a feeling it might be similar to the Dundee Cup game at EEP. Probably let them have a lot of possession, then hit them on the break. Who else reckons we have a decent chance to go through, remembering that home advantage is crucial? 

I approach it with cautious optimism.

They're players should be of a better quality but they're travelling and won't have much support behind them.

I think our best asset against a so called better team is our team spirit, we're grinding our results which has taken us to the top of the league.

It's interesting as well that if we win this game that's 7 wins on the bounce, which we haven't done for 30 years apparently.

Its a massive blow that Mcausland is out and that imo may cost us the tie unless we get a new centre half in before Saturday as BRE doesnt look comfortable playing with geggan alongside him.

I think we will score but not sure about the defence as it didnt look to clever against cowden, especially when dealing with long balls over the top.

I think it will be 2-1 either way, but any result in this is a bonus and tbh i would take a replay as a wee midweek trip up north is always a good way to spend a tuesday

Enjoyable game which went nothing how i thought it would. Macca must've been crapping it. I don't think he had a plan B. We should have won. Cardle had his best game for us in a long time. Fais gets my MOM just for being the best player on the park. One thing i learned about the team today is that we will hold our own in the Championship. 

Agree Scottyboy.

what a great performance today.

we could have easily won 5-2 with the chances we created. 

Wee jojo's pass to Fass down the line for the second goal was brilliant.

big McKay for his first game back started to be the leader at the back but BRE was outstanding today.

The midfield battle was great to watch and Geggs/Falky showed that they were the bosses.

Paton and Cardle destroyed the RC defence with passing etc and Moff/Fass worked their socks off running into space and creating chances.

I would probably have subbed Moff for Wallace with 15 mins to go for a fresh pair of legs and his shooting etc.

What a team we have tbh.

Archived