Falkirk v Pars

Superally

The Pars head away to play against the fingered chemical mutants known as Grangemouth or occasionally as Falkirk FC. Our last outing at EEP was honours even with a 1-1 draw with Benedictus scoring from a 55m penalty. This is perhaps one of the biggest league games of the SPFL weekend and should draw one of the biggest crowds outside the Premiership. The form guide suggests there is little to separate the two teams with Falkirk losing their last home game against Kelty Hearts 3-2 and the Pars losing their last away game 2-0 to Montrose. Over the season Falkirk sit 3rd in the table with 24pts with the Pars sitting 1st and 4 pts ahead. Falkirk in the process are the leagues highest scorers with 25 goals and have the third best defence conceding 15 their last outing was a 3-1 away win against QoS. The Pars were victorious in a tough home encounter against Kelty Hearts last Saturday and sit 3pts clear at top of the table having scored 19 goals and continue to have the best league defence conceding 7. The Pars got the positive result they needed last Saturday to get back on track but are quickly finding that nearly every game in this league is going to be tough. Logic determines that this game has probably got a 1-1 draw written all over it. Even so the Pars will remain top of the table at FT. COYP   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

I’m torn. I thought Falkirk looked excellent in the first 45 minutes at East End but was it because we were all over the shop rather than them being brilliant?

I’d normally prefer 4 at the back but I’d worry about Bene through there.

Our defence was all over the shop early doors up at Montrose too,McGlynn will have them all out attack from the first whistle.

We have also looked suspect defensively towards the end of games recently.

24 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Our defence was all over the shop early doors up at Montrose too,McGlynn will have them all out attack from the first whistle.

We have also looked suspect defensively towards the end of games recently.

Don’t think Hamilton was in the pitch on either occasion. He’s a massive player on Saturday.