£77 tickets

Deutsch Par

After the announcement that Liverpool will be charging £77 for some tickets next season some of their fans walked out yesterday on the 77th minute singing "you greedy *******s, enough is enough" and missed Liverpool's capitulation from 2-0 to 2-2 against Sunderland.

Should there be such a thing as maximum pricing, the self-proclaimed greatest league in the world has a history of bleeding fans dry but stadiums down south still seem to attract healthy crowds.  Does it suit clubs to have "day trippers" there for the odd game rather than season ticket holders?

Disgraceful IMO - ordinary fans being priced out of games.

Incredible to think that you can buy a season ticket for some La Liga and Bundesliga clubs for what a ticket for ONE GAME in the EPL costs.

No wonder Arsenal make around £1 million per home game - their fans are certainly entitled to a better return for the money they are spending.

Disgraceful IMO - ordinary fans being priced out of games.

Incredible to think that you can buy a season ticket for some La Liga and Bundesliga clubs for what a ticket for ONE GAME in the EPL costs.

No wonder Arsenal make around £1 million per home game - their fans are certainly entitled to a better return for the money they are spending.

It hadn't escaped my attention that Arsenal fans are ****ed off with their board as well

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-have-shown-contempt-to-season-ticket-holders-by-charging-for-barca-tie-claims-supporters-a3173941.html

I struggle to understand how so many fans can afford to attend so many games down south?  Its getting beyond a joke now, 

Agreed. I spent less than that (£77) on Saturday getting train to and from Dundee to Larbert, breakfast, beer before the game, entry to the match, a pie and 3 drinks during the game and a 6 pack of beer for the train home. £77 for a ticket alone is ludicrous. I wouldn't even pay close to that. I thought the prices for the cup finals were over the top (although being sort of 'one off' occasions I paid it). 

I simply wouldn't follow football if it cost £77 for a ticket.

Was £82 for a ticket to Chelsea v Man United at the weekend.  If that's at Stamford Bridge, a United fan still pays £30 or £40 for the train, then tube fares at £4.50 a pop, food and drinks, maybe a programme?  Best part of £150 right there? 

A one-off is fine, but every second week or so?  Just crazy!!

Archived