Leverkusen V Dortmund

El Patrón

This game is currently on BT Sport and I've never seen anything like it...... The referee has lost the plot and 'suspended' play.

Basically, Dortmund were awarded a free-kick in the middle of their own half. They proceeded to take a quick free-kick slightly further forward than where the offence was, they caught Leverkusen sleeping and counter attacked and scored a good goal, albeit the quick free-kick was taken about 5yards from where it should have been. I see this happening constantly for quick free-kicks and it's never usually an issue. 

After the goal, the Leverkusen manager and players were fuming, they had a few words with the ref. The ref wasn't happy with the Leverkusen manager, but instead of going to speak to the manager himself, he sent one of the Leverkusen players over to tell the manager to go to the stand!! The manager told his player to tell the referee to do one. The ref then spat the dummy and took all the players off. He refused to come back out until the manager agreed to sit in the stand. 

There was total confusion, the players were laughing and couldn't believe what was going on and 30k supporters sitting in the stand with no idea what was going on while the players were away down the tunnel for a good 7-8mins. I've never seen such a chaotic mess at a game before, simply because the ref wouldn't speak to the manager.

Archived