Jimmy Calderwood

AdamAntsParsStripe

Did anyone catch his pathetic  whiny "woe is me" interview on Radio Scotland last night? 

Once more with the story he was only persuaded to be Pars boss as an understanding he was getting the Rangers job. 

He disrespected just about everyone on this interview, arrogantly says he won't apply for jobs yet whinges he hasn't got one for the past two years.

Any chairman listening to this will think what a loudmouth and spilling private conversations was appalling tact from JC 

He didn't live in Duloch, he lived in Torryburn, he was my mates next door neighbour.

I thought he had been stitched up a wee bit but his appearance on Off the Ball the night before the Cup FInal was a disgrace IMO. It was clear what his intentions were at that point. 

I think he was a decent spotter of a player, he did give Japp Stam his big break after all, but his style wasn't as exciting as is sometimes made out. We had some exceptional players at the time, and they were the reason we played the way we did, not Calderwood's tactical genius.

They mentioned more than once in that interview that we got to the League Cup final in 2004, and not once did Calderwood correct them.

Calderwood also said that Noel Whelan played for us under him. I don't recall this. I do recall a clearly unfit Whelan against West Brom then his smashing 4 minute debut against Hearts though, but that was in 2006.

His gushing over Yorkston and Masterton was boak inducing as well. 

He didn't live in Duloch, he lived in Torryburn, he was my mates next door neighbour.

I thought he had been stitched up a wee bit but his appearance on Off the Ball the night before the Cup FInal was a disgrace IMO. It was clear what his intentions were at that point. 

I think he was a decent spotter of a player, he did give Japp Stam his big break after all, but his style wasn't as exciting as is sometimes made out. We had some exceptional players at the time, and they were the reason we played the way we did, not Calderwood's ta

I thought the football was boring as well. 
No doubt it was effective but crowd figures don't lie. 

They mentioned more than once in that interview that we got to the Lewas e Cup final in 2004, and not once did Calderwood correct them.

Calderwood also said that Noel Whelan played for us under him. I don't recall this. I do recall a clearly unfit Whelan against West Brom then his smashing 4 minute debut against Hearts though, but that was in 2006.

His gushing over Yorkston and Masterton was boak inducing as well. 

i thought he was drunk. He does let his mouth go after a few and he was very disrespectful to a lot of people. 

The crowd figures were pretty decent under Calderwood if I recall. Nothing great but for the time period and in the all seater East End, the averages under his term are unlikely to be reached again (cue stattos producing figures to explain how wrong I am).

I enjoyed a lot of the football under him, but away games were mostly utter ****, as the team seemed to absolutely ****e themselves when away from East End and looked scared to do anything (the previously mentioned 4-1 hammering at Firhill is a prime example).

The whole GM and Murray and Charlotte18 was written about in blogs, but never fully established. 

http://www.ianfraser.org/gavin-masterton-and-the-riddle-of-charlotte-18/ is the link to the full article, but this passage "Contrary to what has been claimed by some in the blogosphere, the Charlotte companies have nothing to do with former Rangers owner Sir David Murray (his similarly-named private equity business, Charlotte Ventures, has different ownership). As far I can gather all the Charlottes are the — renamed — constituent parts of Bison Concrete, a company that was majority-owned the Bank " suggests that other blogs took bits and pieces to suit the agenda.

We all know that GM wasn't straight, and in truth, neither was DM in the end, but for different reasons?

Archived