Favourite Curry House

When it comes to food, curry is my absolute favourite.

One thing Dunfermline actually blessed with is a good choice of curry houses, so which one is your favourite in the town, and would you also recommend any others elsewhere ?

For me, Ashiq's down opposite the Seven Kings is second to none. Ram, the owner, is a great wee bloke and their lunchtime special is superb. Particularly the Madras. Washed down with bottles of Khukhuri it is my idea of food heaven.

Special mention should also go to the Royal Bengal, and the Taste of India in Rosyth does a mean Chicken Pathia.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asiq's starters are absolutely sensational but if it's a sit in, I'd find it hard to beat Apricot opposite the old fire station. Maya's at the retail park and Kushi's follow next. 

For takeaways, I'd probably say Royal Bengal, Maya's, Everest Inn in that order but it depends on whether or not they deliver it when they say or not! Had to wait over 2 hours last time we ordered from Royal Bengal.

Heard lots of good things about Apricot too so it's on the "must visit" list. Thing is every time we get up town we always just end up going to see Ram and co at Ashiq's because we know how good it will be lol.

Maya's is a really good shout too. It really stand out amongst all the chain much up at Leisure Park.

As a real curry lover, living in Dunfermline is something of a bonus these days !

Now all it needs is a good chippy !!

To be honest, I've never had a bad one. 

I'd go for Royal Bengal if pushed, not least because they support the Pars, doing some of the hospitality catering, and they also give discount for Lifeline members, which has saved me quite a few bob. 

Everest is also very, very good too though, and I've had a few recently in the newly opened Spice, which is the restaurant connected to The Brown Bear (formerly Cleo's) next to Tesco in Rosyth. They do a full takeaway menu but is only buffet in the restaurant just now with about 4/5 curries. It's £12.95 for help yourself starters, curries and a dessert. It's run by the wee brother of the owner of the Bengal.

To be honest, I've never had a bad one. 

I'd go for Royal Bengal if pushed, not least because they support the Pars, doing some of the hospitality catering, and they also give discount for Lifeline members, which has saved me quite a few bob. 

Everest is also very, very good too though, and I've had a few recently in the newly opened Spice, which is the restaurant connected to The Brown Bear (formerly Cleo's) next to Tesco in Rosyth. They do a full takeaway menu but is only buffet in the restaurant just now with about 4/5 curries. It's £12.95 for help yourself starters, curries and a dessert. It's run by the wee brother of the owner of the Bengal.

I was going to ask about the new one in Rosyth. Another to add to the list.

Archived