Scott Arfield

El Patrón

Is about to be capped by Canada after being ignored by Strachan. Fair play to the Ex-F*****k b@start. He is better quality than half the latest squad and he plays at a higher standard than the Scottish Premier every week and has done for the last few years. Why he is being overlooked is anyone's guess.

Guest The Beer Baron

When he first came in after Levein, I thought we'd see the end of the stupidity of not capping future talent when we have the chance. I was wrong. What a waste for us, to Canada's huge advantage.

There seems to be a consensus on this thread. I don't see any English Championship games this season, so I have no idea how he is performing at the moment. Has he been performing better that Scottish players in similar positions?

The guy is 28 this year so I am not sure If I get the reference to him being a future talent. He had a year in the Premiership a few years back, but I can't recall a clamour for him to be capped off the back of any outstanding form - I could have missed that. 

Good luck to him with Canada. I am more bothered about the loss of players like McCarthy and McGeady at youth level (both who have proved that they could have added to the national team) as opposed to a jobbing pro in the second tier down South, whose potential contribution seems to be speculative and open to opinion. 

One thing seems certain, The Scotland support seem to be as divided about Strachan as the Celtic fans used to be. 

Archived