Male Goalies

sabino

Dorus :x

That **** got us relegated with his blunder.

Ha ha. It is is true what they say about keepers being remembered for one mistake. I wasn't too complimentary about him myself in the immediate aftermath of the goal. By the end of the game I had decided it was the refs fault, until my pal made the reasonable point that the team, having been pihs for most of the season, was probably the major contributing factor.

The timing of the blunder was the worst thing, after a period where things were going the Pars way both in Inverness and with St Mirren.

Dorus :x

That **** got us relegated with his blunder.

This irritates me. If bombscare Bamba hadn't dived in like an absolute daftie into a challenge that didn't need to be made, the mistake by Dorus wouldn't have happened. It was an utterly ridiculous challenge to make when he didn't need to and he had no hope of getting the ball. That is what caused that goal. Big Dorus did plenty to try and keep us up that season. More than that big diddy did anyway.

The Pars have had more than their fair share of goalies that have helped us to maintain & often punch above our weight.........namely:

Sean Murdoch

Ryan Scully

Paul Gallagher

Alan McGregor

Dorus de Vries

Marco Ruitenbeek

Derek Stillie

Guido Van de Kamp

Andy Rhodes

Hamish McAlpine

memory sketchy before that but I need to include Bent Martin from the 68 cup winning team & Eddie Connachan & Jim Herriot from the 61 squad

I might have missed a few?

They well outweigh the dross as noted by SuzieQ above

To be fair I was trolling @Odarg The Great slagging off Dorus de Vries.

We have really been spoiled for good keepers but listing Hamish McAlpine among our better keepers is nothing short of an insult in all fairness.  His only Pars game was Meadowbank Thistle 4 Pars 0.

Not disputing that he was good for United but that's a riddy in a Pars shirt tbh.

Guest The Beer Baron

Westie is a king.

Gordie, if you really want to troll Odarg then ask him about Roddy McKenzie or Scott Thomson (the keeper)

Sigh. There aren't enough hours in the day to fit in all the contempt I have for these two "goalkeepers". Absolutely fugging honking.

The Pars have had more than their fair share of goalies that have helped us to maintain & often punch above our weight.........namely:

Sean Murdoch

Ryan Scully

Paul Gallagher

Alan McGregor

Dorus de Vries

Marco Ruitenbeek

Derek Stillie

Guido Van de Kamp

Andy Rhodes

Hamish McAlpine

memory sketchy before that but I need to include Bent Martin from the 68 cup winning team & Eddie Connachan & Jim Herriot from the 61 squad

I might have missed a few?

They well outweigh the dross as noted by SuzieQ above

Where does this guy rate against those that you have mentioned?

Given that he was in his mid thirties when that photo was taken, I can only assume that paper rounds in the 1950s were exceptionally hard. 

image.jpeg

Archived