Keflavík

ExxyJj

Have released Scottish pair Craig Reid and Stuart Carswell, though Marc McAusland is still contracted for another year or so and will play with the club for the 2017 season. I'm sure I'd read some chat suggesting that McAusland should come back to shore up our defence, obviously now that won't be the case. Reid though was fairly solid last season for us. Would anyone want him back? Would he come back? Geggan seems settled now at right-back, and with AJ hinting that he may be looking to bring in some of the U20s sooner rather than later, would there even be room for him?

http://fotbolti.net/fullStory.php?id=219649

Guest The Beer Baron

If money permitted, I'd take them both. Not sure who I'd prefer over the other, McAusland perhaps more as Martin can cover right back but Reid is brilliant at right back and can cover centre half.

I was surprised that AJ allowed Reid to leave. If I have criticism of the management team is that defensively we are rank and even last year it was apparent (especially at set plays) but they have failed to deal with it. Reid being allowed to go was only part of the problem. 

Guest The Beer Baron

I think Reid's court case had a huge role in that decision to be fair.

I think this is most likely, anyone with buttons for eyes could see that Reid was a standard or two above League One and would easily be our number one right back. Is McMillan still training with us?

• 9 months later...

Congratulations to Marc and Keflavík, who have just been promoted back to the top league in Iceland after a two year departure! Marc captained the side to second place, missing out on the title today after losing 2-1 to Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs (HK) this afternoon. Been following the Icelandic club and leagues since Marc joined them in March last year, and they seem to have played some really good football this season after bringing in a new manager in October, with Danish striker Jeppe Hansen topping the 1. deild karla scoring charts :) 

Archived