Hearts

Piracy

I can see them dropping a few points before long but they'll still comfortably make the top three, at least, I would say.

Budge et al have done, and are doing, an incredible job there, very similar to what's going on at our club. Neilson looks to be a very astute manager, assured and tactically sound. And although he was a disaster in charge of the national side I reckon Levein is the perfect man for the DoF role, he always did have an eye for a player and I'd imagine he has a steadying influence on proceedings.

Would love to see them go from strength to strength and for them and Aberdeen to pose a genuine title threat to Celtic before long. Tis a tall order of course but here's hoping. 

I see one of their foreigners is suggesting that they can push Celtic all the way this season, but Neil Alexander is telling him to calm down (according to the Scotsman via BBC Gossip Column).

I think its good that Celtic hold no fear to the foreign element at Jambos, but it makes you wonder though whether the Scottish contingent will ultimately be their downfall? 

Neilson has surprised me no end, in fact being able to pre-judge as football fans do I'd never have thought he'd have had such an impact at Hearts and in the Scottish game.

I do like to see our own young managers doing well so good luck.

I just hope Magic works similar miracles to Leishman in the next couple of seasons, which is a tall order indeed.

COYP

Was fascinating listening to Neilson on the radio on the way home yesterday. He calmly and ruthlessly dismantled Willie Collum. He said that they'd been training playing with ten as "that team of officials" (never mentioned any of them by name) always always dish out a red to Hearts. Said they'd done it in the past, had done it yesterday and would do it again in the future.

It'll be interesting to see what the authorities do. Next time Collum and co are at Tynecastle will be some atmosphere.

Guest The Beer Baron

Neilson's interview was astounding and refreshing to hear someone openly tear into a referee. They have hard jobs, yes, but they deserve criticism when it's due.

He was right. The red card they received was an utter joke. The boys studs were down, it was one leg forward and he won the ball. If anything, it should have been a red for the Hamilton boy as he went in studs up, stamping on the boys legs. 

The reaction by the Hamilton players didn't help the ref, but he's got to do a lot better there, he was right there in amongst it. 

Willie Collum is a terrible ref. You're not going to tell me that every time, there is a controversial decision in his games, at home and in Europe, it's because everyone else is wrong? 

He's indicative of the folly of the SFA's policy of fast tracking referee's before they are ready, due to the lack of top class refs, which is down to their own restrictions on the ages, of refs rather than basing it on a case by case basis of the individuals ref's fitness to be able to ref a top class game.

The SFA like Collum because he strictly applies the letter of the law (in his interpretation) to every incident and doesn't worry about stupid things like applying common sense.  Noticed that it was evens for a red card in the game, next game he refs I am definitely putting money on a red (i think I read somewhere that he has shown 17 reds so far this season).

• 1 month later...

The SFA like Collum because he strictly applies the letter of the law (in his interpretation) to every incident and doesn't worry about stupid things like applying common sense.  Noticed that it was evens for a red card in the game, next game he refs I am definitely putting money on a red (i think I read somewhere that he has shown 17 reds so far this season).

Whilst Collum may be a poor ref, all of our referees have to do this. They aren't allowed to use 'common sense' or else they'll be marked down. They are told how to apply the rules, and 'common sense' doesn't come in to it. Not sure why so many fans don't understand this.

Archived