Morton (H)

ExxyJj

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people wonder why the fans give Johnston a hard time, particularly regarding substitutions. Here was another example. Smith on for what, 3 minutes at most? Only 2 subs made on a heavy pitch with the wind howling and our team visibly tiring? What's the point in having a squad if you aren' going to use it?

Sorry Salvo, I've given your questions a lot of thought but they're too tough for me. I bet you don't even know the answers yourself..... ?

Forwards starved of effective ball delivery. They both worked hard as well.

Thought first half Aird could have used Williamson on the overlap. He cut inside 3 or 4 times and played the ball across the front of the Morton box, they then effectively cleared their line as a defence. Frustrating.

Talbot was winning his tackes and drove when on the ball. 

Morris was murder. He is way too casual on the ball. Got caught out 2 or 3 times last night. He is a good player with great experience but needs to wake up.

Some people wonder why the fans give Johnston a hard time, particularly regarding substitutions. Here was another example. Smith on for what, 3 minutes at most? Only 2 subs made on a heavy pitch with the wind howling and our team visibly tiring? What's the point in having a squad if you aren' going to use it?

Sorry Salvo, I've given your questions a lot of thought but they're too tough for me. I bet you don't even know the answers yourself..... ?

Probably not GG but then I'm not paid a handsome sum to make those kind of decisions. 

In fairness to us we were the only team trying to go and win the game. Just lacked a bit of quality in the final third. 

I would have had Smith on earlier in honesty to give a bit of energy to the team, also he's actually not bad at holding the ball up against bigger and stronger defenders and bringing people into the game.

I really don't know what our best strike force is, at the start of the season Smith and McManus were flying, I would be tempted to revert back to that.

Archived