Morton (H)

ExxyJj

7 hours until kick-off and still no match thread? Clearly the excitement of a trip to Hampden last Saturday has overwhelmed @Captain Deadpool.

Higgy and McManus are definitely out, with Michael Paton and Nat potentially unavailable - our slight squad will definitely be apparent tonight with just 15 (plus Cammy Gill) players available for selection. Actually, it could be even fewer if Nat's back is still sore. I'm interested in who will play on the right-wing if Paton is unavailable; can Fraser Aird play there? I'd imagine he'd be the most logical replacement for Higginbotham in the current circumstances. The other dilemma is whether to play Smith or Ryan alongside Nicky Clark, although folk seem to think that Andy Ryan is a bit too similar a type of player to partner Clark, so perhaps not as much of a dilemma. 

****y weather forecast, but the temperature isn't due to be as low as recent weeks so hopefully I'll be able to feel my toes come half 9.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours until kick-off and still no match thread? Clearly the excitement of a trip to Hampden last Saturday has overwhelmed @Captain Deadpool.

Higgy and McManus are definitely out, with Michael Paton and Nat potentially unavailable - our slight squad will definitely be apparent tonight with just 15 (plus Cammy Gill) players available for selection. Actually, it could be even fewer if Nat's back is still sore. I'm interested in who will play on the right-wing if Paton is unavailable; can Fraser Aird play there? I'd imagine he'd be the most logical replacement for Higginbotham in the current circumstances. The other dilemma is whether to play Smith or Ryan alongside Nicky Clark, although folk seem to think that Andy Ryan is a bit too similar a type of player to partner Clark, so perhaps not as much of a dilemma. 

****y weather forecast, but the temperature isn't due to be as low as recent weeks so hopefully I'll be able to feel my toes come half 9.

Thought I'd give someone else a chance.

Aird will surely start in place of Higginbotham, and Smith in place of McManus.

Thought I'd give someone else a chance.

Aird will surely start in place of Higginbotham, and Smith in place of McManus.

You're sweet <3

That's sensible, but AJ's selections when his first 11 aren't available seem to be a bit unpredictable.

Heading along tonight, seems like ages since I was last at East End and not seen us since the Falkirk game.

Not sure how it will go but the last 5 games between us has seen 3 Pars wins and 2 for Morton, with 1 goal winning each time. So I'll go 2-1 Pars as well.

Archived