Euro 2020 Draw

Teuchter

Not the worst, not the best.

Belgium, Russia Scotland Cyprus Kazakhstan San Marino

I am sure a lot of people have already said " ah ya dancer, Russia are ****" conveniently forgetting that Scotland are ****er. Cyprus ran us close in 1989 and have only improved since then.  

Good to have the play off to fall pack on which should ease the nerves. 2nd place is definately achievable but we all know by now what can happen.

25 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Looking forward to a free decebt trips 

Hopefully we can sneak 2nd, both Belgium and Russia are beatable 

Been on the sauce today? We are nowhere close to beating Belgium. Russia maybe - but I dont expect us to get any more than 3 points off them

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

Looking forward to a free decebt trips 

Hopefully we can sneak 2nd, both Belgium and Russia are beatable 

Cyprus and Kazakhstan will look at Scotland and think exactly the same thing.

Apart from horsing us reecently, are Belgium not seeded world No1 at the moment?

Hopefully with the play off in the bag, there should at least be no need for nervous, overly defensive, away performances.

14 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Been on the sauce today? We are nowhere close to beating Belgium. Russia maybe - but I dont expect us to get any more than 3 points off them

i was in the boozer at the time.

However I think we can beat Belgium at Hampden, they recently got pumped by the Swiss. No reason why we cant take 3 points. Im not saying we should expect to beat them.

13 hours ago, Teuchter said:

Cyprus and Kazakhstan will look at Scotland and think exactly the same thing.

Apart from horsing us reecently, are Belgium not seeded world No1 at the moment?

Hopefully with the play off in the bag, there should at least be no need for nervous, overly defensive, away performances.

Of course they will, but they are the type of teams we need to go out and beat like we did to Albania. Playing both Kazakhstan away first will be interesting to see how Mcleish sets us up. Win that and our next game is against San Marino, we could be top of the group...we live in hope :-)

Guest The Beer Baron

Again I'll say, we should be taking full points from Cyprus and Kazakhstan. They're dross and the ranking shows as such.

The big games are those against Russia.

49 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Again I'll say, we should be taking full points from Cyprus and Kazakhstan. They're dross and the ranking shows as such.

The big games are those against Russia.

Of course we should but it doesn't change that fact that underdogs (including Scotland) always pull off unexpected results in these qualifiers. Looking at their recent results, they don't seem to be beating many higher ranked teams, so in that sense the draw seems to have been good to Scotland.

In the last Euro qualifiers, the big games were supposedly against Ireland. Scotland bettered Ireland, but Ireland nullified this by taking points off of Germany and Poland, whilst Scotland ballsed up against Georgia.

The Kazakhstan and Cyprus games are as big as the Russia games for now, until there is a clearer picture of how things pan out. Beating Russia is no use if we are not at least matching their other results.

54 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

I don't disagree with that at all. I just feel we should be approaching this with optimism and in an attacking mindset.

Agree with that - with the insurance of the play off I hope he sets up positively for the away ties against the three bottom seeds at least.

The play off isnt really much of an insurance?  Its great if we are on the up, on form, and have everyone fit and eager to play.  But if we are on the back foot leading up to the play offs, and everyone is crying off, thats a completely different story? 

Archived