HRH Prince Phillip

Teuchter

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

So he had a brand new armoured car delivered and was back behind the wheel yesterday. You'd think he'd have enough brain cells left to lie low for a while and if he doesn't his wife or another relative would have told him it wasn't on. What an arrogant old git!

It would also appear that no contact was made with the woman whose wrist was broken in the accident, despite a claim to the contrary by a statement issued on behalf of the royals..........

Absolutely unbelievable - arrogant auld twat 😠😠😠

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philips-crash-victim-reveals-13882041 

update from the horses mouth - as expected the auld twat pulled right out in front of them .....

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

Remember though- he can't be held accountable on account of being royal. Let that sink in how ****ed up the UK is. 

He can be held accountable, he just wont be.

The law on this is grey enough that both sides can be held accountable.  I havent seen anything about the junction layout, no map, no satellite picture.  My understanding is that he had to stop and give way.  He was joining the main road.  However, some will argue that the driver hit Auld Phil, and that they should anticipate everything and adjust their driving style accordingly.  

In a similar way, if kids are ****ing about at on a pavement, as you drive by, a kid slips off the path a yard away from you, you hit the kid and injure them - the law says you should anticipate this and you are to blame for their injuries.

Its madness.

Im not inclined to believe too much of what is said about this incident by either side.  Its an embarassment to the Royals that they want to play down, and the press dont particularly like Phil so they'll bend the truth or twist the words of witnesses to sensationalise their headlines.

I agree that he probably shouldnt be driving, saw tv coverage this morning, of him walking and he looked unsteady and frail - even if the coverage was months old, with his health issues, its time he gave it up.

To play Devils Advocate for a minute.... Im no fan of the royals but lets not get carried away about the press coverage.  So what if he was pictured driving a couple of days later?  Ive had an accident and been driving next day - Im not 94, I was in my 20s at the time - folk do it all the time.  So what if he didnt have a seat belt on?  To my knowledge, the laws of public highways dont apply to private estates.  No doubt the photos we see are taken from a fair distance away by snooping paparazzi with telescopic lenses - so really, who is the parasite? 

Like I say no fan of the royals, but Im no fan of the gutter press who cause more of a ****storm in a teacup, than give real news these days either.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I agree that he probably shouldnt be driving, saw tv coverage this morning, of him walking and he looked unsteady and frail - even if the coverage was months old, with his health issues, its time he gave it up.

To play Devils Advocate for a minute.... Im no fan of the royals but lets not get carried away about the press coverage.  So what if he was pictured driving a couple of days later?  Ive had an accident and been driving next day - Im not 94, I was in my 20s at the time - folk do it all the time.  So what if he didnt have a seat belt on?  To my knowledge, the laws of public highways dont apply to private estates. 

I think that your first point answers your question. It is not the point that he was out out driving, it is that he is probably not fit to.

I think anyone else of his age who had come as close to killing a baby as he did would be utterly horrified and would give up immediately.  His arrogance has never really been hidden. It is part of his make up.

Saying that, I don't care if he drives on the estate - he can only run down fellow Royals and their lackeys there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2019 at 14:33, SanguinePar said:

Sadly, if he was at fault, there's less than no chance he would be punished in any way for it.

Called it

“The CPS has carefully reviewed material submitted by the police in relation to a traffic collision on the A149 on 17 January this year.

“We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence. We have decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute."

...oh, and also he's a member of the Royal Family, but that clearly has nothing to do with it.

Archived