Anyone know the Liverpool score tonight ?

DougieDave

On 02/05/2019 at 08:10, Keyser Soze said:

Utterly pumped and looking increasingly like another trophyless season for the messiah. 

Ooft! You're not alone, Keyser. I said they had no chance of pulling it back. Maybe if Salah had scored late on, the away goal could have been crucial, but no way were they going to win 4-0.

Difference is you're mortified, but I'm delighted for Liverpool. They believed they could do it, whereas Barca thought the tie was over last week.

9 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I said they had no chance of pulling it back. Maybe if Salah had scored late on, the away goal could have been crucial, but no way were they going to win 4-0.

I'm delighted for Liverpool. They believed they could do it, whereas Barca thought the tie was over last week.

I didnt think Liverpool could do it.  Losing Salah and Firmino to injury was supposed to be a disaster, and Id have thought Barca might have learnt from last season when they surrendered a three goal advantage to Roma - surely lightening wasnt going to strike twice for them? 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I didnt think Liverpool could do it.  Losing Salah and Firmino to injury was supposed to be a disaster, and Id have thought Barca might have learnt from last season when they surrendered a three goal advantage to Roma - surely lightening wasnt going to strike twice for them? 

Aye, but we didn't know Suarez was going to prove so crucial to Liverpool's fightback tbf, Vinnie. He went out and crocked Robertson, so Klopp sent on Wynaldum, who promptly chipped in with a couple of goals. I can't imagine the Scotland captain would have managed that.

Well done, Herr Klopp, but that was a huge slice of luck. Napoleon would have instantly promoted you to an army general.

12 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Aye, but we didn't know Suarez was going to prove so crucial to Liverpool's fightback tbf, Vinnie. He went out and crocked Robertson, so Klopp sent on Wynaldum, who promptly chipped in with a couple of goals. I can't imagine the Scotland captain would have managed that.

Thats a bit unfair on Robertson who has been just as big a part of Liverpools attack all season as he has the defence. 

All if, buts, and maybes... Robertson might not have scored, but he could have provided chances as he has done all season. 

At half time last night, that stage of the tie required a roll of the dice by Klopp - had Robertson not been injured, I can imagine Wijnaldum for Milner would have been the swap. 

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Thats a bit unfair on Robertson who has been just as big a part of Liverpools attack all season as he has the defence. 

All if, buts, and maybes... Robertson might not have scored, but he could have provided chances as he has done all season. 

At half time last night, that stage of the tie required a roll of the dice by Klopp - had Robertson not been injured, I can imagine Wijnaldum for Milner would have been the swap. 

Agreed, and especially the point about Robertson's assists this year. He's been off the scale, both him and Alexander-Arnold.

Re Barca failing the same way in consecutive seasons, an interesting snippet is that both times Allison was the keeper for their opponents.

Archived