Next Prime Minister

1 hour ago, The Bad Guy said:

I largely ignore anything that Wings over Scotland publishes 

I try to read alot of what he writes, on the basis that when I read the opposite view, I can try and gauge what the middle ground might be, and therefore from my own opinion. 

24 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

He is a very divisive guy and, in my opinion at least, there is something quite sinister about him.

The Scottish Donald Trump?  

There is a certain irony that these bloggers miss.  Quick to hammer to the opinion, but and even quicker to make the same mistakes.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Beer Baron

I'm all for Independence but some of the stuff online is ridiculous and does nothing to help the cause. 

All this ""Scots are all puddle drinkers"- Boris Johnson" and ""I murder 20 Haggi before wiping my ar** with a picture of Archie Gemmill"- Michael Gove" type stuff needs to GTF. The amount of gullible ****holes who eat that **** up, much like the British Nationalists who are all like "I hate Nicola Sturgeon but I don't know why". 

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

The Scottish Donald Trump?  

You're forgetting Trump is Scottish. In fact I am surprised Vogts didn't cap him, as I imagine according to one person at least, there is no finer footballer on the planet.

Nah, not Trump though, Wings over Bath seems to be more interested in playing to the already converted, provoking abuse of the opposition, and having absolutely no interest in converting those people who's votes that the independence movement need. That is the impression I have taken away at least.

10 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Cannae abide Johnson. He would sell his granny to get the top job. Type of guy who would stab you in the back. Would put himself first always. A **** of a man.

Remember he pulled out of the last Tory leader race citing that he'd realised he didn't "have the necessary skills, at this time."

So what's changed since 2016?

Not that I am a fan by any stretch, but there are elements of BoJo that I see why he's popular, similarly to reasons I see why Trump is popular with Americans.  The bottom line is, that when you vote in elections, you vote for the candidate that plans to improve your being.  And BoJo is saying all of those things.  

I also think that he is one of the MP's who does have a clear idea of what Brexit should be like.  Given that MPs have continually voted down the idea of a second referendum, we are headed for Brexit, and with that in mind, we do need someone with that clear vision to steer us on a straighter course.  The economy and the markets need a degree of certainty, I suspect that when he is confirmed as PM, the exchange rates and markets will stabilise again pretty quickly.  

15 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

also think that he is one of the MP's who does have a clear idea of what Brexit should be like

Is this for real? He was pretty much advocating a customs union during the referendum. He said a deal would be easy. Now he is looking for no deal.

It is easy to see how he is popular amongst those that don’t pay the slightest bit of attention on the few occasions that he is actually held to scrutiny.

22 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

He was pretty much advocating a customs union during the referendum. He said a deal would be easy. Now he is looking for no deal.

As much as I tried to follow and understand the whole Brexit negotiations, we only see a small amount of the work that was involved.  Having Teresa May do our negotiations was the worst scenario given she started off as a non-believer - if Im the EU, Im thinking that shes a walkover, and so it transpired.  

I dont think BoJo is forcing a No Deal.  Its more the case that, as I said before, the economy and the markets need a degree of certainty, and we need to get back to governing the UK.  There needs to be a timescale on leaving, if thats with a deal, great, if its with a bad deal or no deal, so be it... 

I stuck £15 on Rory Stewart a couple of weeks ago. Since then he's went from 16s up to 33s and back to 10s. Sitting at a 12 quid cash out so hopefully if he survives the next round I will get a decent cash out.

The votes going to be a vote for Boris or a vote against and I think the other candidate will be reasonably irrelevant. In fairness to Stewart he has came across as semi better than the rest.

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

I stuck £15 on Rory Stewart a couple of weeks ago. Since then he's went from 16s up to 33s and back to 10s. Sitting at a 12 quid cash out so hopefully if he survives the next round I will get a decent cash out.

£12 to cash out?  So at this stage you'll be £3 down?  A lot of commentators suggesting that the final reckoning will be between Boris and Stewart, not sure how much that'll boost your cash out though?

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

£12 to cash out?  So at this stage you'll be £3 down?  A lot of commentators suggesting that the final reckoning will be between Boris and Stewart, not sure how much that'll boost your cash out though?

Through to the next round and offered a 17 quid cash out. 2 quid profit. Bring on the debates.

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

As much as I tried to follow and understand the whole Brexit negotiations, we only see a small amount of the work that was involved.  Having Teresa May do our negotiations was the worst scenario given she started off as a non-believer - if Im the EU, Im thinking that shes a walkover, and so it transpired.  

I dont think BoJo is forcing a No Deal.  Its more the case that, as I said before, the economy and the markets need a degree of certainty, and we need to get back to governing the UK.  There needs to be a timescale on leaving, if thats with a deal, great, if its with a bad deal or no deal, so be it... 

Bojo is only standing as he can smell the opportunity with the polls suggesting he will see off Farage. This obviously plays well with the MPs afraid of losing their seats - much the same reason we are in this mess as it happens. 

At this stage they have to seriously consider a no deal as a last gasp negotiating tactic, I have no issue with that.

Given he will be playing with the same deck that May had then I don’t see there being stability any time soon - particularly with a no deal. It would be poetic justice however if this buffoon is in charge if things really go tits up given he is one of the main architects of this utterly pointless mess.

25 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Given he will be playing with the same deck that May had then I don’t see there being stability any time soon - particularly with a no deal.

When I say stability, I mean we need a decisive timeline, one that allows business, the markets, the economy to settle down.  

I dont blame Thomas Cooks woes on Brexit, or British Steels problems, or any businesses difficulties on Brexit as such, but more because of the moving of the goalposts every five minutes.

Set a date, stick to it, let the country plan for it and adapt to it.

On 18/06/2019 at 23:08, Fifes Elite said:

£19.62

Hope you cashed in? 

Boris Johnson has the vast majority of support from within the Tory MP's at Westminster.  I realise he's portrayed as a clown to the public, but is he really that much of a fool?  I suspect that most of the MPs at Westminister are fairly smart folks and therefore difficult to dupe, so what do they see that we arent being shown? 

Archived