Next Prime Minister

53 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Hope you cashed in? 

Boris Johnson has the vast majority of support from within the Tory MP's at Westminster.  I realise he's portrayed as a clown to the public, but is he really that much of a fool?  I suspect that most of the MPs at Westminister are fairly smart folks and therefore difficult to dupe, so what do they see that we arent being shown? 

Of course he is not a fool but he is a self serving opportunist. He is a calculating nasty piece of work. Do you actually believe he is a long term Euro - sceptic and committed Brexiteer? 

What do the MPs see in him? The best chance of keeping their seats quite simply, against an onslaught from Farage.

The only fools are those who view him as some sort of Churchillian vessel of principles.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Of course he is not a fool but he is a self serving opportunist. He is a calculating nasty piece of work. 

As most politicians are? 

He may be the front runner within the Westminster Tory MP's who make him the favourite so far, but then it comes down to the Tory Party members.  You would hope that BJ has little (or no) access to lobby them directly.  You would hope that they are not big BJ supporters? 

Exchange between Mark François and Boris Johnson:

MF: do you give me your word Boris that we leave on 31st October come hell or high water?

BJ: look Mark, we have to leave, otherwise the Tory party is finished.

As from the beginning, Brexit has never been about anything other that the Tory party.

23 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Shorter to type on my phone

Fair enough but I find it disturbing that Johnson is called Boris by many interviewers whereas the other candidates tend to be addressed far more formally. 

Why do you think this is?

9 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I find it disturbing that Johnson is called Boris by many interviewers whereas the other candidates tend to be addressed far more formally. 

Why do you think this is?

Maybe its the clown persona the media has portrayed - perhaps the media still dont see him as a credible leader? Maybe there are a few Johnsons in Westminster and its an easier identifier?  

13 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Hope you cashed in? 

Boris Johnson has the vast majority of support from within the Tory MP's at Westminster.  I realise he's portrayed as a clown to the public, but is he really that much of a fool?  I suspect that most of the MPs at Westminister are fairly smart folks and therefore difficult to dupe, so what do they see that we arent being shown? 

Naw, I got greedy and left it until the next round.

Archived